2013 NHL Playoffs

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When NJ Devils won their first Cup in 1995, the parade was also held in the arena parking lot!

Combination of not-so-big fan base / overlooked franchise in NYC area / lack of defined "home town"...

Fair to say that the parking lot of the arena connected right next door to Giants Stadium was a huge gathering area if they had huge crowds.

Beginning of the second and already Boston is up, 2-0.

MY team, at least for the Cup, is Chicago, so Soulstation better be right and our guys have to get their hips in gear.

Fun fact for soulstation: Kane and Teows on Chicago. Chara and some other guys on Boston. ;)

Edited by patricia

The winning shot was absolutely amazing. It is fired from pretty far out and two Blackhawks get a piece of it and deflect it just a bit left and right and totally baffle the goalie. I guess the last Blackhawk was still far enough from the goalie that he wasn't called for interference (wasn't in the crease at any rate). They'll probably be replaying that all day tomorrow (in Chicago at any rate). :P

Not really a Hawks fan (was really pulling for the Red Wings, but maybe next year...). I guess all things considered I'd rather have the Hawks win than Boston. At least my wife wouldn't be moping about the house if they lose after tonight's performance.

Fun fact for soulstation: Kane and Teows on Chicago. Chara and some other guys on Boston. ;)

Fun fact, there is a bit of a jerk right-wing anti-gay politician in Canada named Teows (maybe slightly related to the player) and Dan Savage was beginning a campaign to "Santorumize" him, when Chicago sports fans basically begged him to call it off. I can't remember why he agreed to call it off...

Good for him. We hockey people don't need that kind of nonsense. I'm still ticked at Tim

Thomas making a point of snubbing your President because he differs politically. Who cares if Thomas is a Republican?

What an embarrassment for the Bruins, IMO.

Where is Thomas now??

Funkateer, your're thinking of Vic Toews. No relation to Jonathon, as far as I know. Just proves that you don't have a monopoly on political idiots.

Not to belabour my earlier point, Groove Merchant, but I was dismayed to discover that Thomas is a Glenn Beck follower. I had hoped he was smarter than he apparently is. But, that cleared up my puzzlement over his snubbing of your President. What a putz!! He should have been content with being an excellent goalie, IMO.

Back to the subject at hand. Next game, Saturday in Chicago. Both teams should be rested up by then. Good grief!! After almost SIX periods of hockey last night, even I was exhausted!!

I'm pulling for Chicago, only because they're the only western team left. MY Flames didn't make it to the playoffs and the Canucks and the Oilers, my default teams bombed out too.

Edited by patricia

Back to the subject at hand. Next game, Saturday in Chicago. Both teams should be rested up by then. Good grief!! After almost SIX periods of hockey last night, even I was exhausted!!

I'm pulling for Chicago, only because they're the only western team left. MY Flames didn't make it to the playoffs and the Canucks and the Oilers, my default teams bombed out too.

that was exhausting, plus, i ran out of beer.

------------

tv ratings were outstanding!!!!!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/stanley-cup-finals-ratings-game-1-record/

Edited by alocispepraluger102

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/06/13/photo-woman-hit-in-face-by-puck-at-hawks-game/

IMG958687-225x300.jpg Chicago radio personality Steve Dahl reports his physician, Dr. Patricia Higgins, was hit in the face by a stray puck during the Hawks triple-overtime win.

When I was at a game in Calgary, I happened to actually READ my ticket stub. It's printed on it that, by buying a ticket, I absolve the NHL, or the associated members of any responsibility for injuries that may occur should I be hit by any puck etc. while watching a game.

I had no idea......................but I stayed and wasn't hit by a puck etc. By merely attending, you are accepting the possibility that you may suffer an injury. Hmmmm...

Edited by patricia

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/06/13/photo-woman-hit-in-face-by-puck-at-hawks-game/

IMG958687-225x300.jpg Chicago radio personality Steve Dahl reports his physician, Dr. Patricia Higgins, was hit in the face by a stray puck during the Hawks triple-overtime win.

When I was at a game in Calgary, I happened to actually READ my ticket stub. It's actually printed on it that, by buying a ticket, I absolve the NHL, or the associated members of any responsibility for injuries that may occur should I be hit by any puck etc. while watching a game.

I had no idea......................but I stayed and wasn't hit by a puck etc. By merely attending, you are accepting the possibility that you may suffer an injury. Hmmmm...

the tv announcers mentioned that a puck may have injured someone during the 2nd period.

When I was at a game in Calgary, I happened to actually READ my ticket stub. It's printed on it that, by buying a ticket, I absolve the NHL, or the associated members of any responsibility for injuries that may occur should I be hit by any puck etc. while watching a game.

You get the same at a baseball game for balls, bats, and misc. items leaving the field and going into the stands.

You get the same at a baseball game for balls, bats, and misc. items leaving the field and going into the stands.

Pure boilerplate, often thrown out by courts, but not always...

Pure boilerplate, often thrown out by courts, but not always...

But still.... When you think about it, there are lots of times when a flyball goes into the stands at a baseball game and somebody catches it and keeps it. I always think that if that happened and I was right under the ball, it would hit me in the face, even if I tried to catch it. It wouldn't occur to me to sue, since flying balls are pretty common at a baseball game. Same thing with pucks at a hockey game. Yes, they stop play when the puck hits the glass, goes into the players' box, or into the crowd. But, chances are, in all those cases, that it hit somebody. But, I almost never hear anyone complaining, much less suing. We sportsfans are a hardy bunch. ;)

Game 3 tonight. Now we'll see what our guys are made of and whether this is going to turn into a battle. It would be a little disappointing to me if it ended with less than 6 games. I'm actually hoping for 7.

Edited by patricia