Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardbopjazz

Jimmy Smith at Carnegie Hall

10 posts in this topic

Was posted here a few weeks back, "Down By the Riverside" made the "Carnegie Hall Salutes the Jazz Masters" CD.

The disc is OOP but shouldn't be too hard to find, I got it when it first came out. The only really really bad tune is "Yellowstone" by Jeff Lorber but it can easily be skipped. I wish I had the DVD which I think was officially released in HK for the novelty of Pat Metheny in a suit!

The disc is OOP but shouldn't be too hard to find, I got it when it first came out. The only really really bad tune is "Yellowstone" by Jeff Lorber but it can easily be skipped. I wish I had the DVD which I think was officially released in HK for the novelty of Pat Metheny in a suit!

Yup, I found it and ordered it.

Can you post a link to Pat Metheny in a suit :g

Hardbopjazz, "Now's The Time" is heavily edited on the CD, just so you know.

Jimmy Smith is just...beyond words. The One. In an aside, great to hear him play with no spin on the leslie, just like the record. So effortless and incredible. Wow, thanks for sharing.