8 germiest things in public places

Reminds me a lot of the Fear Monger Shop ads that Garrison Keillor used to run on his show. Might as well keep people in a perpetual state of unease.

Indeed, some studies show that going too heavy on the hand sanitizer is a real no-no and is just going to result in more super-bugs. You just can't win...

It's taken some time, but my wife is more comfortable having the kids exposed to germs, which is generally better for them -- and her mental health.

Reminds me a lot of the Fear Monger Shop ads that Garrison Keillor used to run on his show. Might as well keep people in a perpetual state of unease.

Indeed, some studies show that going too heavy on the hand sanitizer is a real no-no and is just going to result in more super-bugs. You just can't win...

It's taken some time, but my wife is more comfortable having the kids exposed to germs, which is generally better for them -- and her mental health.

Yes, right. Notice how much stuff this article is trying to sell you? From this side ot the Atlantic, Americans are viewed as being a bit too fetishistic about cleanliness. Mind you, I've got to say that it's a pleasure to have a piss or a crap in public loos in America, but nowhere else I've been in the world.

MG

At work, I always see guys use the bathroom, then take a piece of paper towel to open the door. I get a laugh out of it, as I'm sure those folks don't get sick any more or less due to the paper towel usage. Me, I grab the handle barehanded! You only live once:)

At work, I always see guys use the bathroom, then take a piece of paper towel to open the door. I get a laugh out of it, as I'm sure those folks don't get sick any more or less due to the paper towel usage. Me, I grab the handle barehanded! You only live once:)

I've seen people do that at my office as well on occasion. I don't do it myself, but on the other hand I can't disparage it too much after having witnessed someone exit the restroom after taking a crap without washing their hands.

Yes, right. Notice how much stuff this article is trying to sell you? From this side ot the Atlantic, Americans are viewed as being a bit too fetishistic about cleanliness. Mind you, I've got to say that it's a pleasure to have a piss or a crap in public loos in America, but nowhere else I've been in the world.

MG

You should come to Tokyo MG. Best toilets anywhere with all the bells and whistles!

MG

You should come to Tokyo MG. Best toilets anywhere with all the bells and whistles!

That's for sure. Nowhere I've ever been has toilets that can compare with Tokyo.

MG

That's for sure. Nowhere I've ever been has toilets that can compare with Tokyo.

Well, I've been to Tokyo. When, after a morning's heavy buying in HMV Ueno, I headed for the toilet and found a hole in the floor with no visible means of flushing...

Or maybe that's what you meant.

Actually, they were mostly pretty good, I've got to say.

MG