Bengt Hallberg 1932-2013

HolgerFreimutSchrick

Thank you, Bengt, for your wonderful playing.

What is little known outside Sweden is his film and television work (also some nice scores for children's television programs) and arranging on many jazz and some pop recordings. Always done with a personal touch.

• 7 years later...

For Hallberg fans, I would like to mention that Vax Records has acquired the rights to a large part of Hallberg's output, including his releases for the Phontastic label as well as many previously unreleased sessions. They are making all of these titles available for streaming on Spotify. So far they have released 19 titles this year, and have said that they intend to release one more title a week. 

I don't know if these are available for Spotify users worldwide, but feel free to check:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5q3Zh4BS8gJVpcrcGOhk8J?si=2FtPsofNTNGfzM53j9eARg

Edited by Daniel A

Stellar musician in Sweden. Helped establish the Golden Generation of Swedish Jazz during the Fifties aside with Lars Gullin.
Love his All Star Sessions 1953-54  feat. Gullin.
Hallbergs "Blue Grapes,Depressionism" always knocks me out.

Edited by Balladeer