KENNY CLARKE

Claude Schlouch

I don't have this "discography with CD" but the "discography on CD".

The CD with Klook's discography is included in the German translation of Mike Hennessey's Kenny Clarke biography published in 2004. I haven't worked with this discography so far but judging by the few impressions I got of the research involved when the discography was drafted it seemed to me like it was going to be the result of extremely thorough research.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the information!

I want now to talk seriously about the three mysterious and so rare KPM LP from England.

Does anyone on this board have these records? If so, please send me a PM. Thanks in advance!

Sources in my possession provide information that differs. These albums were recorded more than 40 years ago, so it might be time to do as much as possible all light concerning their content.

Thank you for your help, especially at this time of the year which is more conducive to holiday than work ...

Claude

Claude, the discography that came with the Mike Hennessey book WAS COMPILED by Michael Frohne. I haven't seen a separately published version of this discography but to me this looks like it is the same thing (since it has the same compiler).

Thanks Steve for the information, but I prefer verify the 2 versions. Maybe some reissues have been added on one of them. Who knows?

• 2 months later...

Good evening to all Kenny Clarke fans

Let me tell you that the two discographies are not alike. The one available now on CD-Rom contains hyperlinks to all covers, many, many extra photos and scans of interviews and photos. The CD-Rom can be ordered by e-mail to

michael-frohne@web.de

Greetings

Huh, really? No links and stuff there, no scans, just the discography as a protected PDF.

Not the CD-Rom I got with my copy of the book (ther German edition, alas).

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to be off topic but claude ive tried to reach you to no avail, if you see this, would be thrilled to hear back here in the thread from you.....

can u share the story of how u came to obtain the mobley copenhagen 1968 reel to reel, how did do u think it got from europe, to japan, and back to you in europe. was the copy in japan the true master or copy of the master? would it be hard to snap a pic of it too, if convienent, id love that.....take care