Call for new Blindfold Test manager

jeffcrom

Would anyone like to take over managing the Blindfold Test? I've done it for three years now, and am feeling the need to step back from the O Forum to an extent.

The job basically consists of scheduling presenters, reminding them to start their signup threads, updating the master list, and in some cases taking care of uploads for presenters who were not comfortable with that process. I also sometimes mailed out CDs to those few members who still prefer to listen that way. We are scheduled through the end of 2013, so there's no immediate need to schedule presenters, but 2014 will sneak up fast.

I got the job because I volunteered and no one objected. I guess the next BFT manager will probably get the job the same way.

NIS, this will not affect your BFT - I'll get your music uploaded in the next few days and send you the link. Joe, I apologize for not participating in BFT 111 - I intended to, but it didn't happen for a variety of reasons.

Jeff, You have done an absolutely great job as Blindfold Test manager. Everything has run smoothly and without any glitches, from an administrative standpoint. In my experience, this is much more rare than one might think, in any activity involving a group of several people.

You have come up with common sense ideas and solutions to some of the issues which have come up, which have made the Blindfold Test process work very well.

I am one of those presenters who is clueless on uploads, and you have been extremely patient and helpful with me. You have also mailed discs to me, and again, you have been very gracious and helpful. Everything in these areas has gone off without a hitch. You are so nice as you take care of these things!

Is there any way we could persuade you to keep going as Blindfold Test manager? What type of bribe would it take?

Before you step down, could you put me on the list of presenters, for November, 2014? Thanks, Bill

Edited by Hot Ptah

Jeff, I totally agree with Bill's comments above. Even though I have only been participating for a short time, it's pretty clear this is a well-oiled machine. You do an outstanding job.

Of course it's totally understandable if you need to step down...I imagine it's quite a task keeping on top of all this. But thank you for all your great work!

Edited by webbcity

Jeez, guys!

I guess I'd better stay put, because it's clear that without me, everything would fall apart. And if the world is a mess now, imagine how bad it would be without a smoothly-running blindfold test.

I shudder....

Seriously! It is a scary thought... don't tell me I have to live in a world where I can't count on my monthly BFT.

• 7 months later...

I've heard from Jeff today, and he's taking a break from the board for a while. So, the call for a new manager is going out anew.

Anybody who has the time, skills , and inclination to take this thing on in earnest, please step forward and identify yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies & Gentlemen -

It is my pleasure to announce that the job of BFT manager will now be jointly held by Hot Ptah & Thom Keith.

Hot Ptah will handle the scheduling and contacts with BFT presenters, and Thom will help anyone who needs downloading help.

Big thanks to these two for graciously volunteering their time to this effort, and once again, all props, respects, and thanks to Jeff, who has served the community beyond well in this capacity for many, many years.

The institution survives, the tradition continues. Onward!