Sally's Place in Westport, Ct. Is Closing

paul secor

This is very distressing, for a variety of reasons. There's a twinge of guilt, because after I left CT for Florida, I hardly ever ordered anything from Sally, preferring local stores in Florida and, eventually, the internet. I always did buy an armful of CDs whenever I visited the folks, though. But still, her complaints about the web feel kinda aimed at me.

I thought the writing was on the wall the last time I visited in June 2012 for my father's memorial service so I can't say I am shocked. She said then she was doing OK but had to be stay very lean and mean on inventory.

The fact is that, with mom getting ready to move to Florida, I wasn't going to be visiting CT and dropping in at Sally's anymore anyway. But I do really hope that Mom gets herself ready to move before Sally closes her doors for good. Mom keeps putting off the date and I won't fly up there to help her with the drive until she's got a date certain. It might be by the end of August but it was supposed to be the end of May originally. I really want to see Sally one last time but I know I'll be calling her this weekend.