Parnsips - The Most Underappreciated Root Vegetable?

Ok, we have now had the individual member parsnips lovers roll call. You all are correct, all else are not.

Now, may I be so forward as to ask for a survey from said lovers' circle of family and/or friends - is your love shared by many therein?

All the family (even grandsons!!!) love parsnips. And some friends, who visit at mealtimes, too.

I've no doubt there are people in this world who don't like parsnips, but I've never found any - I don't routinely ask people if they like parsnips unless they're invited to dinner.

MG

Mix some parsnips, carrots and any other root veggies you have, toss with olive oil and salt and pepper, roast in a pan in a 400+ oven, good stuff!

I had never consciously eaten parsnips before, but this thread intrigued me, especially this post. Last night I roasted parsnips, carrots and onions with olive oil and an Italian seasoning blend instead of salt and pepper. (The onions were suggested by a lady at the farmers' market. But I think onions make almost anything better, anyway.) Delicious! So thanks Jim & Philly.

Of course, I had to remember to search for "parnsips" to find this thread.

Mix some parsnips, carrots and any other root veggies you have, toss with olive oil and salt and pepper, roast in a pan in a 400+ oven, good stuff!

I had never consciously eaten parsnips before, but this thread intrigued me, especially this post. Last night I roasted parsnips, carrots and onions with olive oil and an Italian seasoning blend instead of salt and pepper. (The onions were suggested by a lady at the farmers' market. But I think onions make almost anything better, anyway.) Delicious! So thanks Jim & Philly.

Of course, I had to remember to search for "parnsips" to find this thread.

Glad you enjoyed it, I love when people try something I suggest and like it, even more if they eat my food and like it. If you're ever near Brooklyn, come over and we'll feast!