Insuring Music

Abution II

Forgive me if this topic was posted, but I did not see any topics on insurance. I am wondering if any of you insure you music collections and with whom. It seems standard homeowners won't cover collectible music. One company, American Collectors, was recommended to me and seems to have good coverage, but I wonder what experience others might have. Thanks!

American Collectors has been mentioned here & there (Hoffman) before. It seems to be "the one" (I have no experience with it). But whether it's just one's usual coverage, a rider, or American Collectors, document! Take photos of the most important & likely to remain to valuable recordings. As condition matters I'm not sure how one does that with vinyl but at least the covers can be photographed. If you have receipts of collectible vinyl with grades scan & save those too. Use Dropbox, cloud storage or even a Google email folder as another place to keep the photos.