Tech Question - Extracting from CDRs

AllenLowe

I use Nero Burning ROM - part of the Nero suite of audio/video programs. The whole suite is kind of expensive (more so than when I bought it), but I use it almost daily. It quickly saves files from CDs (or CDrs) in almost any format you want. No need to play the disc in real time. You can try Burning ROM free for 15 days here.

I use a free shareware program called EAC for ripping. www.exactaudiocopy.de/ Supposed to be one of the most secure and you can set the accuracy/speed to what you need, really as quick as your drive? Putting in indexes I use something else Wave Repair www.waverepair.com/ which is great for putting indexes in vinyl rips Shareware with a low registration fee.

Both from recommendations from here so others might know more

I never use markers in Amadeus. If I want to isolate a particular track from a larger file: First, show the "Selection" window (Window/Selection). In the Selection window, note the start and end timings of the track, which will then be highlighted (once highlighted, you can move those points with your mouse to make them more exact. Also, you can use horizontal zoom in the lower right corner of the main window to better see the start and end points). Then, use shift-command-C to copy the highlighted portion to a new file. You can then work with this particular track: adjust the loudness through Normalize, edit it, etc. Once you're done, save the track. You can then go back to your original file and work on the next track.