mary halvorson

Bending Bridges is nice and the band live is well balanced and exciting

And when she played in the trio with Laubrock and Rainey, she was spectacular. And she isnt the best musician in the trio.

Steve,

Have enjoyed much of your enthusiasm over the years, yet your descriptions of musicians and some of the comparisons made are like weight lifting or drag racing competitions.

"she isn't the best musician in the trio" is a bit over the top and a bit silly really.

Bending Bridges is nice and the band live is well balanced and exciting

And when she played in the trio with Laubrock and Rainey, she was spectacular. And she isnt the best musician in the trio.

Steve,

Have enjoyed much of your enthusiasm over the years, yet your descriptions of musicians and some of the comparisons made are like weight lifting or drag racing competitions.

"she isn't the best musician in the trio" is a bit over the top and a bit silly really.

especially as when I enjoyed the trio live I certainly perceived a band based on sharing and understanding not competition

not a competion but I am simply making a point regarding the often overlooked drummer

" My personal favorite member of the group by far was the drummer" may have made the point, but what do I know?

I'm not very well studied on *Reynoldian* scripture :D

If you read your Reynolds regularly, you know that he LOVES Tom Rainey's playing.:)

• 3 weeks later...