Pablo reissues

crisp

Previously discussed a bit here:

Many years ago, Concord had a promotion in which they asked about recommendations for reissues. I remember suggesting some of the Kamuca albums. Never happened.

I don't know who currently owns the masters, but I would like to see reissues of the three Richie Kamuca albums Concord released in the '70s: Richie, Drop Me Off In Harlem & Charlie.

• 2 weeks later...

Previously discussed a bit here:

Many years ago, Concord had a promotion in which they asked about recommendations for reissues. I remember suggesting some of the Kamuca albums. Never happened.

I don't know who currently owns the masters, but I would like to see reissues of the three Richie Kamuca albums Concord released in the '70s: Richie, Drop Me Off In Harlem & Charlie.

Wasn't the answer they were looking for, I guess. Maybe "Richie Kamuca Plays for Lovers" would have had a shot with their catalog department.

Track list for the new reissue can be found here:

Amazon

Thanks for this. It looks like they're all alternate takes. I'll have to think hard about this one.

gregmo

Not really alternate takes, previously unreleased alternate versions. Different arranger, session, and personnel.

Edited by jazzbo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone has any idea what's going on with these? I've probably received ten re-scheduled delivery dates ... and funny enough I already DID get the Ellington disc (the prev. unissued track is rough around the edges but nice), that by now again is only to be released in late January:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00E4V08KS/

I wish there would be a Zoot Sims Pablo box set -- like the Dexter Gordon set put out by Concord some years back. Some of the CDs sound a bit flat. Many of my favorite sax players sound a bit too sentimental in their later years. Zoot Sims seems to be an exception, and his Pablo recordings are some of his best.

I wish there would be a Zoot Sims Pablo box set -- like the Dexter Gordon set put out by Concord some years back. Some of the CDs sound a bit flat. Many of my favorite sax players sound a bit too sentimental in their later years. Zoot Sims seems to be an exception, and his Pablo recordings are some of his best.

Which Dexter Gordon set do you mean? I must have missed it.

Which Dexter Gordon set do you mean? I must have missed it.

Perhaps this:

617CQ611NHL._SY300_.jpg