AAJ forums

7/4

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for now, Organissimo's the last one standing of the Big Three (Big O, JC, and AAJ). Oh wait, I forgot... there's always the Blue Note Europe Bulletin Board!

Really?? From that thread...

Blue Note Europe has a new site and a new BB.

BN EU BB

Whaddya think?

I love this place and all, but my curiosity is piqued.

So it looks to me like www.bluenoteeurope.com now just resolves to bluenote.com -- where I'm certainly not finding any BB functionality.

So, then, are we the last man standing??

According to the link posted by Justin V at Post #6 of this thread, AAJ is not gone, but merely down temporarily for maintenance. I post there sometimes and their server has been quite slow at times, so maybe they are correcting it. So I don't understand these posts here about how we are the last ones standing.

The AAJ board presently has some decent discussion of new jazz releases. It is free of fighting now and has its good points.

Edited by Hot Ptah

Thing is that boards or forums are so 2003...

I tend to agree with you on that point. It is my theory that with so many people, especially younger people, now accessing the internet on smartphones, often while they are on the run or doing something else at the same time, that forums or boards are more difficult to use, and thus less popular.

I access the internet sometimes on my smartphone, and sometimes on my desktop PC. It is in fact more difficult for me to read a forum on a smartphone. The type is so small on the screen, and it is often more difficult to view artwork within a post, or to access and read links within a post.

It is also much more difficult to type out a post of any length on a smartphone.

So the smartphone generation turns to Twitter, where the messages are all very short and easy to type into a phone.

It takes a certain amount of attention, focus and ability to easily read on the device you are using, to participate in a forum, and it is not that easy to do all that when you are on the run with a smartphone.

Edited by Hot Ptah

AAJ on Facebook Thursday afternoon:

The AAJ Forums continue to be down for maintenance. We're asking that you please be patient, and stop showing up at AAJ Headquarters trying to start an argument over whether Miles Davis's early works were overrated, his middle works were underrated, his later works are mischaracterized, he could or couldn't play his instrument, and even he couldn't manage to make cornrows look cool. We understand that you're going through withdrawal, but these things take time. And if you're like to kick in a few bucks to speed it along, please go to the main AAJ website and click on the donate button.

In the meantime, please stop accosting strangers on the street and accusing them of being Smooth Jazz apologists. That sort of behavior isn't helpful.

Thing is that boards or forums are so 2003...

I tend to agree with you on that point. It is my theory that with so many people, especially younger people, now accessing the internet on smartphones, often while they are on the run or doing something else at the same time, that forums or boards are more difficult to use, and thus less popular.

I access the internet sometimes on my smartphone, and sometimes on my desktop PC. It is in fact more difficult for me to read a forum on a smartphone. The type is so small on the screen, and it is often more difficult to view artwork within a post, or to access and read links within a post.

It is also much more difficult to type out a post of any length on a smartphone.

So the smartphone generation turns to Twitter, where the messages are all very short and easy to type into a phone.

It takes a certain amount of attention, focus and ability to easily read on the device you are using, to participate in a forum, and it is not that easy to do all that when you are on the run with a smartphone.

I rarely use my desktop anymore, but my iPad works great for accessing and contributing to forums like this.