Bethlehem label being reissued in US

romualdo

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

the next batch of Japanese Bethlehems were released yesterday (Dec 11) & already a number are OOP on the CD Japan site (Shavers/Sullivan, Sachs, Jonah Jones, Socolow, Mann - Flamingo)

hopefully they should all be available via Dusty Groove (listed but not yet available)

Edited by romualdo

Thanks for this update.

Does anyone know whether:

(1) The two Joe Derise reissues from Japan contain material that differs from the 20 (or so) track US reissue of two albums on 1 CD?

(2) The Ruby Braff CD's contain material that was not on either: "Best of Braff" (US reissue) or "Ruby Braff Omnibus" (earlier Japanese reissue)?

thanks in advance

I registered at hmv.co.jp and the site would not let me place an order. I got stuck at the first stage, selecting a shipping address. Could it be the CDSOL-XXXX item I selected could not be shipped to my country of residence? I'm a bit puzzled and have already deleted the account I created earlier today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bethlehem has been low on my radar until now. I only had the Herbie Nichols album (1994 CD). The Mingus albums I'd ignored so far. Recently I got myself the Japanese remasters of Mal Waldron's Left Alone, Mingus' East Coasting, and Nichols' Love, Gloom, Cash, Love.

Now I'm wondering if there are any other worthwhile albums or even minor classics being reissued I'm not aware of. Any recommendations?

Edited by erwbol

Bethlehem has been low on my radar until now. I only had the Herbie Nichols album (1994 CD). The Mingus albums I'd ignored so far. Recently I got myself the Japanese remasters of Mal Waldron's Left Alone, Mingus' East Coasting, and Nichols' Love, Gloom, Cash, Love.

Now I'm wondering if there are any other worthwhile albums or even minor classics being reissued I'm not aware of. Any recommendations?

The Dexter Gordon, the Stan Levey with Dex, and the Howard McGhee come to mind. I especially like the Levey.

Booker Ervin – “The Book Cooks”

• Booker Little – “Booker Little and Friend”

• Charles Mingus – “The Jazz Experiments of Charles Mingus”

The Dexter Gordon, the Stan Levey with Dex, and the Howard McGhee come to mind. I especially like the Levey.

Yep, agree with all of those :tup