Wayne Shorter on Tavis Smiley

in L.A., Tavis's show with Wayne is scheduled to be shown on PBS (KOCE for us) at 12:30AM, so technically it's Sat. morning. i'm taking a nap to enable me to stay up to see it. his birthday party last Sunday was fabulous, the Bowl concert on Wed. was wonderful (I especially loved him playing with Imani Winds), and i'm sure this interview will prove VERY interesting!!

I just got done watching this in a hotel room. After a rainstorm knocked out the cable stations, I stumbled upon PBS and found a Jazz Icons program running. Afterward, I was surprised to find Wayne Shorter on Tavis Smiley's show, a show that I've never seen before. It was fun watching an animated Wayne Shorter talking about his early years and his musical outlook. The program concluded with a duet performance of 'Footprints' with Esperanza Spalding. I'm looking forward to hearing them with his quartet and the DSO in November.

• 1 year later...

Just found this on the PBS Roku station, Joni Mitchell was on there too, from a few days ago, and am just fixing to start Herbie. Also lurking there is Dave Koz, who I will skip, and Al Jarreau, who I will not, because I think Al Jarreau has thought a lot about what he was doing, and I wonder if he's thinking the same thing that I thought he was thinking when I was thinking about him thinking about it.

But Wayne was a hoot! I say as long as you're not crazy, you can be as crazy as you want/need/feel, Hello, what do you say after "Once Upon A Time"? !!!!

, and Al Jarreau, who I will not, because I think Al Jarreau has thought a lot about what he was doing, and I wonder if he's thinking the same thing that I thought he was thinking when I was thinking about him thinking about it.

But Wayne was a hoot! I say as long as you're not crazy, you can be as crazy as you want/need/feel, Hello, what do you say after "Once Upon A Time"? !!!!

Both of them are very entertaining and enjoyable.

Just found this on the PBS Roku station, Joni Mitchell was on there too, from a few days ago, and am just fixing to start Herbie. Also lurking there is Dave Koz, who I will skip, and Al Jarreau, who I will not, because I think Al Jarreau has thought a lot about what he was doing, and I wonder if he's thinking the same thing that I thought he was thinking when I was thinking about him thinking about it.

Did Joni talk about Saskatchewan?