Classic Blue Notes on SHM-CD

David Ayers

If I want to cancel anything from my cdjapan orders, I just reply them to their "order confirmation" message writing them to cancel whatever items I want to be removed from my order and some hours later they do it.

Edited by Alexandros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't actually want to cancel, but I'd like to actually understand all this (i.e. what does "processing" combined with the fact that I can't cancel mean? in this case on an item that has a long delivery time given - something like 2-4 weeks - but is displayed as "processing" after merely a few days)

My guess is "processing" means they are waiting for a confirmation from their distributor. "Processed" means waiting for item's arrival after confirmation. Then there is "in stock" meaning your particular copy of this item has arrived.

Edited by erwbol

Yup, that's my understanding now! Learning as I go on ... I'm still a relative newbie to these things Japanese, and the first half dozen or so orders went through without any delays or cancellations (before that, I mostly ordered Japanese reissues from dustygroove.com or from a - most reliable - vendor on a marketplace, the later I still do occasionally, on items already gone on cdjapan or when I just want to get a single disc).

Is the SHM-CD series still going on? I'm still not too good in following Japanese reissues - when did the most recent batch arrive?

They answered within a few hours and did delete the 2007 edition of Vol. 1 (I had added the SHM edition previously). Very good service indeed!

Ha ha ha, I know ... but I'm restraining myself and mostly just buy those with new bonus tracks.

I would pre-order the Tyrone Washington though ... and Hipp at Hickory House Vol. 2 as well :)

And thanks for the reminder, Lon! I saw that list actually, but I'm not (yet) investing enough time to keep an overview (and there are so many other Japaneses reissues that look enticing, from the Sony and Warner series etc.)

Picked up these two:

I passed on a used copy of the Eddie a copy years ago because it was some non-Blue Note issue. The Andrew Hill I've never heard, but I'll always take a flyer on his work.

No need to pass up a Blue Note title on Water Records, they did a fabulous job with their reisseus from the label.

Lift Every Voice is one my favourite Blue Notes and much improved on SHM.

Sweet! This has me more excited!

Picked up these two:

I passed on a used copy of the Eddie a copy years ago because it was some non-Blue Note issue. The Andrew Hill I've never heard, but I'll always take a flyer on his work.

No need to pass up a Blue Note title on Water Records, they did a fabulous job with their reisseus from the label.

Appreciate the info! I wasn't sure at the time and didn't want to get some bootleg cd. I'll keep that in mind on my future hunts though.

Lift Every Voice is one my favourite Blue Notes and much improved on SHM.

Much inproved? That's tempting, as I've always loved this date. The SHM has the entire extra session, I'm sure, right?

Improved how? - if I might ask.

The extra session is included in its entirety. I always found the Connoisseur flat and uninvolving. YMMV.