Mosaic boxset in Europe ?

lobbyman

Hi guys,

Is there some mosaic boxset sellers in Europe with some nice prices ?

My principal shop (where i buy almost everything) does have them. Check the list: http://www.jazzmessengers.com/en/search?search_query=mosaic+box+sets&search_s=send&nb=30&orderby=arrival&orderway=asc&nb=40

If someone knows how to get them at a best price, tell me :-D

Jazz Messengers is a pretty great enterprise. I think they're worth plugging, based on my four substantial orders with them. I suspect he's saying that Jazz Messengers has the Mosaic sets, and is asking if there is somewhere else that has lower prices on them.

What are you out for? Asking where to get those sets or just plugging your seller?

If there is one who has ("does have them") what you are after ("Is there some"...), then I wonder what you REALLY are after. ;)

Everything is said in my message: where can i find them cheaper ?

I have known Jazz messengers for a long time and i do think they don't really need to be "PLUGGED" somewhere.

Using Amazon would have been more neutral to you ?

Come on...

Jazz Messengers is a pretty great enterprise. I think they're worth plugging, based on my four substantial orders with them. I suspect he's saying that Jazz Messengers has the Mosaic sets, and is asking if there is somewhere else that has lower prices on them.

Felser, i do agree with you. I have bought almost everythin with them. That's why i do always refer to them.

Yes, Jazz Messengers carry Mosaic sets, I just bought the Turrentine from them, can't afford to buy them from Stanford, have to pay customs if I wanted to get them from the US. Can recommend Jazz Messengers, I have bought a lot from them, and they give great service.

Vic

Victor got my point !

Big beat steve seems to have a american-centered view of the world. Lucky you if you're living in the USA and can get your box easily :-D

Thanks.

What are you out for? Asking where to get those sets or just plugging your seller?

If there is one who has ("does have them") what you are after ("Is there some"...), then I wonder what you REALLY are after. ;)

I have known Jazz messengers for a long time and i do think they don't really need to be "PLUGGED" somewhere.

Come on...

Felser, i do agree with you. I have bought almost everythin with them. That's why i do always refer to them.

Yes, Jazz Messengers carry Mosaic sets, I just bought the Turrentine from them, can't afford to buy them from Stanford, have to pay customs if I wanted to get them from the US. Can recommend Jazz Messengers, I have bought a lot from them, and they give great service.

Vic

Victor got my point !

Big beat steve seems to have a american-centered view of the world. Lucky you if you're living in the USA and can get your box easily :-D

Thanks.

For your information: Big Beat Steve is from Germany.

Edited by J.A.W.

And Mosaics aren't meant to be cheap ... although with the US$ getting weaker and weaker in the past 15 years, they're at a point where to me, they do seem cheap. When I started buying, they cost me 150% of today's rates, there were times when they were up to 170% ... and yet they never seemed "expensive", really.

Ebay remains a source of the good stuff, from known and proven sellers, but you do sometimes get crazy mixed up and inflated prices.

And there's even risk here, I used a Greek seller who had an abundance of Mosaic box sets last year, and on the basis of past performance I purchased three sets on my first order. All arrived okay. Checked out the same seller a couple of weeks ago and had been removed with a terrible score for non-delivery of the goods.

Come on...

Vic

Victor got my point !

Thanks.

For your information: Big Beat Steve is from Germany.

Big beat steve is from Germany. Based on a geopolitical point view, he is like an american !

He has already pretended that i'm doing 'massive promotion' :-D

And Mosaics aren't meant to be cheap ... although with the US$ getting weaker and weaker in the past 15 years, they're at a point where to me, they do seem cheap. When I started buying, they cost me 150% of today's rates, there were times when they were up to 170% ... and yet they never seemed "expensive", really.

King ubu, you're right. At the same time, as an economic human being, i have to watch out how i spend my money. I'm not so "rich"

Ebay remains a source of the good stuff, from known and proven sellers, but you do sometimes get crazy mixed up and inflated prices.

And there's even risk here, I used a Greek seller who had an abundance of Mosaic box sets last year, and on the basis of past performance I purchased three sets on my first order. All arrived okay. Checked out the same seller a couple of weeks ago and had been removed with a terrible score for non-delivery of the goods.

By my side, only bad experiences with ebay. I will never buy there again !

With the years, Jazz messengers made and makes me happy. That's why i will always talk about them cause i do buy almost all my cd's at their shop.

Best regards,

Lobbyman

i've used Jazz Messengers a few times, but not lately. Good service. One package went astray but it was replaced very quickly without question. I've been to the shop, just off Las Ramblas, well worth a visit.

Don't do that !

They will believe that i paid you for writting this here !

Lucky you, your 5,594 posts will give a credibility to your message.

As i said before, Jazz messengers is a nice shop. It's not amazon but really they really like their customers.

The physical shop is really a great place. I can't comment on the web branch as I haven't used it.

If lobbyman wants to work on his credibility I'd suggest posting on other matters than the JM shop and Andorran reissues. Welcome, BTW! :)

Yeah, you're right !

Since my first post, i have been in trouble :bad:

Anyway, i'm waiting for some reissue of julie london album. For sure, i will have to pass through all of this "discussion" :rofl:

i've used Jazz Messengers a few times, but not lately. Good service. One package went astray but it was replaced very quickly without question. I've been to the shop, just off Las Ramblas, well worth a visit.

I've ordered a few Mosaic Selects from them and they have been here within the week. Can't argue with that !

I purchased some Chet Baker Steeplechase vinyl from Jazzmessengers last year, and they were quick and fast delivered and now they send me their catalogue every month. But for current Mosaic sets, I always purchase direct from Mosaic and run the gauntlet of custom charges, generally unsuccessfully.

There's also the jazz center here in the Hague, but they're expensive for Mosaic sets IMO, better for Japanese imports.

Maybe I'm doing my maths wrong but the financial advantage ordering from JM seems marginal. Mosaic's expectional customer service sees them happy to replace discs that are found to be damaged / defective years after purchasing from them. I think I'll be sticking with Mosaic directly.

Maybe I'm doing my maths wrong but the financial advantage ordering from JM seems marginal. Mosaic's expectional customer service sees them happy to replace discs that are found to be damaged / defective years after purchasing from them. I think I'll be sticking with Mosaic directly.

JM are slightly cheaper but only if you add in the additional customs charges that you might, or might not, get charged for a US order.

Edited by Head Man

Makes no difference to me, got to pay taxes and custom fees no matter if from Spain or the US ... I ordered the Threadgill from JM when Mosaic had it on backorder, but that was an exception (I do order, as I said before, other stuff from JM, like Steeplechase, and most recently a disc from their Venus offer, the one missing Barney Wilen)

Makes perfect sense to me in such cases to omit any middlemen and have Mosaic earn as much as possible.