The Paramount box from Third Man / Revenant

cih

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better watch out. I am super scary!

The worst thing is I keep pointing out just how much they keep anyone from joining/staying, or just enjoying/learning about the actual thing that is allegedly the most important thing....the musicians/music!

I think it's weird the way people are always giving Blue Train a hard time.

:tup

Ah - I know this one - the 1920s :-)

Edited by Blue Train

I am not the one that has wasted hundreds/thousands buying the same thing over and over....or live @ the alter....just how much of that money could have gone to help an actual living musician, or anyone....instead of feeding the fetish?

I actually enjoy the music.....we're talking about music recorded when?

Hey don't huff and puff so hard about that board, the chip on your shoulder might slip.

I was referring to your constant puffing up against the Hoffman board and Hoffman. Start another thread about that or put it in the thread about the Hoffman board.

As for the rest, I don't need your advice on what I should spend my money on.

Edited by jazzbo

I am not the one that has wasted hundreds/thousands buying the same thing over and over....or live @ the alter....just how much of that money could have gone to help an actual living musician, or anyone....instead of feeding the fetish?

I actually enjoy the music.....we're talking about music recorded when?

Hey don't huff and puff so hard about that board, the chip on your shoulder might slip.

I was referring to your constant puffing up against the Hoffman board and Hoffman. Start another thread about that or put it in the thread about the Hoffman board.

As for the rest, I don't need your advice on what I should spend my money on.

Constant? Just how many times have I posted about the thief and his board? @ best, it's like the 3rd to 5th time....but only after those @ the altar bring up the thief, or his board.

You can waste your money on the whatever you want for the 10,000th time. You can also continue to be like the rest and make sure Jazz does get past just smelling funny.

I really get the feeling if anyone was actually in the studio they would still want something better.

Once again, amazing how many of you really go out of your way to keep people from joining/staying....or wanting to learn about the musicians/music. This one is the one I will never understand.

@ least you didn't go down the bigot's bigoted road.

Edited by Blue Train

Oh yeah, it;s my fault. Try checking how many joined/stayed long before me. It's not pretty what all of have been doing. I can't get a single person to join this board.

If anyone is keeping people from joining/staying it is people who are very judgmental of others and antagonistic to boot.

Edited by Blue Train

The funny thing is you were a FB "friend" for close to 6 months. I suddenly became the anti-Christ when the thief and his board came up. I went from "friend" to to anti-Christ so quickly (as in, one day)....and I haven't posted any differently about the whole reissue/remastering/engineers fetish thing in my entire time of posting.

Edited by Blue Train

You flatter yourself if you think you're "the anti-christ" but that's in keeping with your sense of self-importance. I made a comment that your terrier on a trouser leg shtick about the Hoffman board was pretty annoying and that makes you think I think you're the anti-christ. All through this one thread you have been insulting members and making judgmental comments about them and I suppose this is acceptable behavior in your eyes or you have some compelling justifying reason. It's just seems petty and it is annoying. I neither think you are the anti-christ nor suddenly have some sort of problem with you. Your persistent antagonism has been annoying for some time. As for the facebook thing, I really don't even know which of my "friends" you are. I don't visit facebook with any kind of frequency and to be honest wish I had never joined.

If you want me to put you on "ignore" I will, as I don't want to have to keep answering your antagonistic posts directed to me, and regret even posting in this thread.

Edited by jazzbo

Today:

Had a bigot post homophobic posts. Then there was your posts that you don't get are full of shit. In the meantime....someone sent me a pm about Down's. Him/her I will have fun with from now on.

Put me on ignore. I don't get why anyone needs to announce, or bring it up....or why they think anyone cares....it's like people announcing they're not going to post on board again, but still do....it's like begging for attention, or having people beg you to not go....I could care less, and I know none of you can help yourselves. Just this week 3 people so desperate for attention that they already claimed to have me on ignore, and/or they were no longer posting on here....

Just how easier to really put me on ignore without all the look @ me?

P.S. Me and GS actually had a nice conversation. Just goes to show.

Edited by Blue Train

I'm not going to put you on ignore, just seems like you want to drive people to do so. I hope you realize that to me you seem the person most often going "Look at me." Full of shit or not I hope I made a point to you that you are coming off as a belligerent person with one or two predominant agendas that are no fun to be in a thread with, so perhaps that's an contributing factor to why you 'can't get people to join or stay." You may be among the only ones trying to get people to join or stay. Most of us are just talking and posting and trying to avoid the turds in the punchbowl so to speak.

Earlier in this thread, it was asked where the suggested list price of $469.98 came from. At least one public source for that price comes from no less than famed blues researcher Frank Scott, owner at Roots & Rhythm music. He posted that info at Paul Vernon's Real Blues Forum. Discussion about the box possibly containing mp3s on that USB also originated at the RBF and over at Stefan Wirz's Black & White Hillbilly & Blues Music Forum.

I don't know much about this guy Blue Train and I don't much care, but it's abundantly clear that he doesn't indulge in facts if he wants to continue to insist that the Hoffman forum was the original source of the info in this thread. It wasn't, it merely repeated info that originated elsewhere.

Edited by Lush Life

No mention of just how many flash drives, but @ least someone who really understands how idiotic....but, you have been involved in a box set involving records as old.

it's gotta be MP3s if there are that many; wave files take up too much space. Given the nature of these recordings, sonically, I don't think it makes that much difference.

Edited by Blue Train

so here's what annoys me.

I am totally blind. I use a screan reader called nvda, look it up if you don't believe me and i am not going to be able to read the books.

I just want the flipping music! i collect 78s myself and would love to hear some of it.

now let's just hope they do release these as separate lps, or something, because if you're paying for a nice wooden case with some records in it you're not really paying for the music, interested though you may be in it.

appologies for sounding a tad self pitying but really...

it's gotta be MP3s if there are that many; wave files take up too much space. Given the nature of these recordings, sonically, I don't think it makes that much difference.

I don't believe it has to be MP3. It's only (hah! only!) 800 recordings, at less than 4 minutes each. That's about 40 CD's. In WAV, that'll be about 32 GB of data--right now, without looking for deals, you can buy yourself a 32 GB USB flash drive for $20. (To do the quick'n'dirty calculation yourself, you can of course rip a track to WAV and see how big it is, or you can use the value for 16 bit PCM audio in the table here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV (about 1MB/minute), or you can fudge a little and realise that Red Book audio (16 bit PCM, conveniently enough) fits just short of 80 minutes on a CD, and a standard CD-R holds around 700 MB of data (yes, you are fudging the formatting, but that's O.K.--just ballparking it).)

Aside: I hope it's not WAV, though, because there's no metadata format for WAV files (and if you're going to charge me $400 for a box, you'd better include correct metadata on your digital files--I don't want to have to deal with the garbage I get from CDDB or Gracenote). FLAC or ALAC would be better lossless choices (and even smaller).

And I agree with rgodridge and Allen: I really wish I could just buy the flash drive and not get the rest of this stuff. I don't want a wooden case, or LP's, or even the book. It's hard enough to store my music already.

Man, this post has a lot of parentheses!

Have to check but I think the Albert Ayler set was the last release. I could be wrong but I remember reading something about a lawsuit involving Ayler's estate.

Now you made me curious. What was that lawsuit involving Ayler's estate? Where did you read about it?

It involved Bernard Stollman of ESP fame and I believe a faction of the Ayler state. The lawsuit effectively brought Revenant to a standstill.

Have to check but I think the Albert Ayler set was the last release. I could be wrong but I remember reading something about a lawsuit involving Ayler's estate.

Now you made me curious. What was that lawsuit involving Ayler's estate? Where did you read about it?

It involved Bernard Stollman of ESP fame and I believe a faction of the Ayler state. The lawsuit effectively brought Revenant to a standstill.

Where did you read about it?