Illinois Jacquet / Leo Parker Toronto 1947

thirdtry

Looks like the next Uptown Records release will be a good one:

th_609242464_81HSrdnEjL._SL1406__122_128

Tenor saxophonist Illinois Jacquet and baritone saxophonist Leo Parker are captured live on this previously unreleased recording from April 29th, 1947 at the Mutual Street Arena. 11 tracks and over 70 minutes of music featuring trumpeter Joe Newman and Russell Jacquet, pianist Sir Charles Thompson, bassist Al Lucas and drummer Shadow Wilson.

1. Bottoms Up

2. Medley: All The Things You Are, She's Funny That Way, Music Hall Beat

3. Music Hall Beat

4. Body And Soul

5. Throw It Out Of Your Mind Baby

6. Oh, Lady Be Good

7. Medley: Memories Of You, Unidentified Tune

8. Robbin's Nest

9. Mutton Leg

10. Bottoms Up

11. Home, Sweet Home

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLV0BSO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2GW3WTOB57QL6&coliid=I3W3BXCEDMRBMZ

Definitely a must have.

wow! must have! uptown records surprised with every new release! beside a privat recording with the gene Ammons quintet at the Club el sino, Detroit there are no live recordings from Leo parker!!

Keep boppin´

marcel

What's this Gene Ammons/Leo Parker Marcel?

MG

Definitely a must have.

wow! must have! uptown records surprised with every new release! beside a privat recording with the gene Ammons quintet at the Club el sino, Detroit there are no live recordings from Leo parker!!

Keep boppin´

marcel

MG

i have the Information from http://www.jazzdisco.org/gene-ammons/discography/ here.

Gene Ammons Quintet

Gene Ammons (tenor saxophone) Leo Parker (baritone saxophone) Junior Mance (piano) Gene Wright (bass) Chuck Williams (drums)

"Club El Sino", Detroit, MI, October, 1947 private tape

unknown title Medley: Red Top / unknown title / unknown title - unknown title - - - - - After Hours (partial) -

i love to hear this recording!! maybe this was planned in the Long announced and never released Project of uptown records: Detroit: jazz before motown

Keep boppin´

Marcel

Edited by bichos

Definitely a must have.

Keep boppin´

marcel

MG

i have the Information from http://www.jazzdisco.org/gene-ammons/discography/ here.

Gene Ammons Quintet

Gene Ammons (tenor saxophone) Leo Parker (baritone saxophone) Junior Mance (piano) Gene Wright (bass) Chuck Williams (drums)

"Club El Sino", Detroit, MI, October, 1947 private tape

unknown title Medley: Red Top / unknown title / unknown title - unknown title - - - - - After Hours (partial) -

i love to hear this recording!! maybe this was planned in the Long announced and never released Project of uptown records: Detroit: jazz before motown

Keep boppin´

Marcel

Oh, not yet released :D

Oh well.

Thanks.

MG

• 1 month later...

I like doing that, when it makes sense financially (meaning I don't pay substantial extra), but with the recent raise of overseas shipping, it doesn't sound like that smart an idea ... 40$ for two discs isn't prohibitive, but still on the pricey end of the spectrum.

Thanks bichos, might order from jpc, then ... got to get some classical stuff from there anyways, but nothing that couldn't wait a moment ... I'd love to hear the Jacquet real soon, though! (And the Duke Pearson, too!)

Edited by king ubu

Thanks for the hint, MG. Did so too and hope it wil ship as soon as they promise there.

This is amazing. I checked this item at amazon.de last weeke and they had it for preorder as it was supposed to be released here on 18 november. And now it already is "currently unavailable" and we haven't even reached 18 Nov.