Ella Fitzgerald: The Voice Of Jazz

crisp

After Mosaic's complete Ella on Decca, Decca brings you the incomplete Ella on Decca and Verve. 10 CDs. Wonder if they had access to the metal parts?

More than 200 tracks are newly remastered, with 8 CDs of studio recordings and 2 of live recordings, including a complete unreleased concert from the 1960s. Plus a 96-page book.

Details and track listing at this German site.

It's cheap enough at Amazon UK (£46.99), but this would have to be cheaper still to make it worth my while.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I took out the Ella box yesterday, bought it a few months back when it was quite cheap for a while ... it's a lovely package with a hardbound book and all ... but no info on who wrote the liner notes (same think in Universal's large Nat Cole box, I think, don't have it at hand), and that purported complete concert from the 1960s is nowhere to be found. There may be a few stray comparatively rare live tracks on the two final discs (the ninth is mostly JATP 1949 and all in the JATP 1944-49 box, the tenth hold various tracks from mostly well-known live albums, in between there are a few fifties JATP tracks I might not have elsewhere).