jonathon schwartz launches streaming channel

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/nyc-radio-personality-launches-jonathan-channel-article-1.1503091#ixzz2jbv8hZGV

"It has been a good week for Jonathan Schwartz.

Less than 48 hours after his Red Sox wrapped up their third world championship in 10 years, he will launch “The Jonathan Channel,” a 24-hour streaming radio channel devoted entirely to Schwartz’s kind of music: the great American songbook as performed by Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Count Basie and a rainbow of contemporary artists from Diana Krall to Brian Stokes Mitchell.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/nyc-radio-personality-launches-jonathan-channel-article-1.1503091#ixzz2je155KkI"

He's had all kinds of PA announcements on WNYC about it and introduces his weekend show as being on WNYC, WNYC.org, and the Jonathan channel. Despite the odious (sp?) narcissism of the title it's got to be a good thing.

I've become a fan (of the music he plays more than his oft-pendantic style) ever since he played Nancy Lamott singing Autumn Leaves grouped with When October Goes (from Sings the Lyrics of Johnny Mercer)---and I had to pull to the side of the road to lose it a little. A little John Pizzarelli is the price I had to pay for discovering other great performers. I can handle it.

Edited by fasstrack

He's had all kinds of PA announcements on WNYC about it and introduces his weekend show as being on WNYC, WNYC.org, and the Jonathan channel. Despite the odious (sp?) narcissism of the title it's got to be a good thing.

I've become a fan (of the music he plays more than his oft-pendantic style) ever since he played Nancy Lamott singing Autumn Leaves grouped with When October Goes (from Sings the Lyrics of Johnny Mercer)---and I had to pull to the side of the road or lose it. A little John Pizzarelli is the price I had to pay for discovering other great performers.

i heard that same show and agree wholeheartedly, and share your feelings about suffering a little pizz. pompous windbag that schwartz may be, he certainly knows his territory.

We've had this conversation before, but I reinterate - any Great American Songbook that doesn't include Willie N and Smokey R and Woody G and Chuck B and....is worse than useless to me.