Billie Joe + Norah: Foreverly

mjzee

Listened to clips and while this sounds decent, what's the point of just copying the Everly Brothers, no matter how well it's done?

Unless you're into current popular artists (I'm obviously not) check out the Everly's versions and hear the songs done better.

edit: I'm glad I'm posting this here. If I'd posted it on the old BN Board I'd probably have been banned for life.

Edited by paul secor

Wasted opportunity for them not to do a Gene & Debbe tribute. Or at least a bonus hidden cut.

Probably for the best, though. easier (and safer) to replicate iconography than to dance with lightening, bottled or otherwise. At least these days it does, and these are these days, aren't they now, now.

What's really unusual is that it's not them doing a random selection of Everly Bros tunes, it's them doing their

Songs Our Daddy Taught us album in it's entirety...

So folks should buy the Everly's version of Songs Our Daddy Taught Us instead of listening to two copycats.

Too harsh. From what I have heard I actually prefer this to the original.

Positive review in The Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/nov/21/billie-joe-norah-foreverly-review

I got through two short preview clips, and I like tributes, but this is weaker than the Edmunds & Lowe EP and I didn't keep that. The Everlys rule, how anyone could fail to hear that is beyond me...The Everlys, the Louvins, the Stanleys, the Blue Sky Boys, a fine legacy.

My thoughts exactly. And you said it better than I could have.