2013 -14 NHL and assorted hockey stuff

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Stanley Cup opponents to be decided today.

Rangers awaiting the winner of Kings/Blackhawks game 7 today.

3rd consecutive 7th game for L.A.

I believe I heard that the 21 games played thus far ties a record for most games played prior to playing for the cup.

NHL game 7's rarely disappoint....

20 years ago [ last time the Rangers skated the cup ] I was out here in Cali preparing to move here and watched them win at a sports bar with many many other NY transplants celebrating.

On the trip home watched the Knicks loose game 7 of the NBA playoffs in an airport awaiting a flight change.

Edited by Mike Schwartz

Lot of fluky stuff going on in that game, with Chicago getting two more bad bounces than the Kings. Definitely a disappointing outcome, but really both teams deserved to move on.

I guess Game 2 is the one that Chicago really did give away, and had they won that one, we would have been looking at a totally different story.

On paper, I would say either the Blackhawks or the Kings should be able to handle the Rangers fairly easily, but both teams looked completely drained by the third period, and I don't know how fast the Kings can bounce back.

Disappointing [to me] the Rangers couldn't have taken 1 game.

Kings are uncanny in that it absolutely make no difference to them when they get down a couple of goals and keep playing at a high level and come back time after time.

I can't remember another team having this ability so many times in the playoffs.

They looked like they were playing as badly as the first two games against the Sharks, yet the Rangers couldn't capitalize. I don't see their chances getting any better.

That second game was awesome, though!

Kings the only team in playoff history to win 3 consecutive playoff games down by multiple goals.