Jeremy Steig - Flute Fever

JazzLover451

I added this as a pre order to an Importcds order placed during the 10% promo. The others arrived already and, just today, I received an e-mail from Importcds that Flute Fever just shipped.

Flute Fever arrived today.

Did you get this from ImportCDs because it's showing with release date of 10 December on their website. I only ask because I have a copy on order from them and have heard nothing so far.

I added this as a pre order to an Importcds order placed during the 10% promo. The others arrived already and, just today, I received an e-mail from Importcds that Flute Fever just shipped.

Flute Fever arrived today.

Did you get this from ImportCDs because it's showing with release date of 10 December on their website. I only ask because I have a copy on order from them and have heard nothing so far.

Yes, it was part of an Importcds order. No surprise that FF didn't ship with the instock items, but I was surprised that it shipped (and arrived) before the listed availability date.

This is a great album - really much better than the LP with Bill Evans, as Steig really cut loose here. Bad thing is, it gets me interested in the Denny Zeitlin Mosaic Select ...

My only complaint would be that discographical information could be a little more detailed, stating recording dates, which tracks were recorded at which date etc. It is only from Zeitlin's note that we learn that one take is now restored to unedited length and another is an unissued alternate. Jonathan, please make it easier for us discographers .... ;)

Edited by mikeweil

Now "Currently Unavailable" at IMPORTCDs so it looks like I won't be receiving it before Christmas...what a bummer.

I just hope they'll be getting more stock in.........Jonathan?

I'm waiting for this too from the same vendor - have been keeping an eye on this daily for the past week or so & status keeps changing - you may suddenly find it'll be shipped in the next day or so (has happened to me before with Import CDs)

can't imagine this will do a "hemphill"

Beautiful reissue, the gatefold is gorgeous. I had never heard this one before. The sound is excellent, my one quibble is that there's a little bit of a "hole in the middle" sound in the recording when Jeremy isn't playing that I wish were more filled in. I'll get used to it. Going to be playing this one again this afternoon,

I've given up on ImportCDs and ordered via Amazon....and received a notice that it's been shipped. Lets' hope I get my refund OK.

my import CD order for this CD has just been cancelled - marked as unavailable

Did you have to cancel it or did ImportCDs do it automatically? I e-mailed them a couple of days ago to cancel but have not yet heard anything. Unfortunately I paid via Paypal so the money's already left my account.

I've given up on ImportCDs and ordered via Amazon....and received a notice that it's been shipped. Lets' hope I get my refund OK.

my import CD order for this CD has just been cancelled - marked as unavailable

Did you have to cancel it or did ImportCDs do it automatically? I e-mailed them a couple of days ago to cancel but have not yet heard anything. Unfortunately I paid via Paypal so the money's already left my account.

they have a 21day rule that if the item is not available within that time frame it automatically is cancelled even though it was a preorder (also used the 10% disc) & only came available on Dec 10 -> it was cancelled on Dec 16

have to watch out for that in future

• 2 months later...

Received this CD today ordered from importcds. What a beautiful reissue (sleeve made in Japan). Unbelievable. And what a price ($13.50)! I went ahead and ordered the other 3 cds from these series: Bill Dixon, Clare Fisher and Carter/Bradford.

Better late than never......:):tup

Received this CD today ordered from importcds. What a beautiful reissue (sleeve made in Japan). Unbelievable. And what a price ($13.50)! I went ahead and ordered the other 3 cds from these series: Bill Dixon, Clare Fisher and Carter/Bradford.

Don't forget to get the Hemphill, Dogon A.D., before it goes out of print.

International Phonograph links to this internet store which has twenty copies left.