The invasion of the spammers

BillF

Don't most newly registered accounts end up in validation hell? Even people who do not appear to be spammers end up never getting posting privileges. I thought this might be a way to keep out non-musicians (like myself). I had to register twice to get my account accepted.

Edited by erwbol

Yup, One of the mods must be the executioner and exterminate the troll/spammer.

Jim A. and Rolf (son-of-a-weizen) are the only ones who can get rid of spammers and Rolf hasn't been around for months now, while Jim is probably touring. The mods can only delete the messages and they are MIA.

Edited by J.A.W.

Out if curiosity, what are the jazz quiz questions?

Ha, one of the questions is: which train wreck do some nerds think could be kick started? :P

Yup, One of the mods must be the executioner and exterminate the troll/spammer.

Jim A. and Rolf (son-of-a-weizen) are the only ones who can get rid of spammers and Rolf hasn't been around for months now, while Jim is probably touring. The mods can only delete the messages and they are MIA.

Has MG handed in his mod-rights? Guess the merikins are all busy binge-shopping over the whole weekend ... just in case, instead of turducken, next time they could try a stuffed camel:

post-174-0-39652600-1385733050_thumb.png

:)

Don't most newly registered accounts end up in validation hell? Even people who do not appear to be spammers end up never getting posting privileges. I thought this might be a way to keep out non-musicians (like myself). I had to register twice to get my account accepted.

I think I wouldn't have been able to get in if it wasn't for some help from another member who asked for me after 6 weeks validating. If you don't know anyone else on the forum, you are not able to ask why you aren't accepted. I think there was a question about Miles. I had to answer 3 I think. I do know it is a tough job going through all the registrations, a lot of work.

I manually validate all accounts. Sometimes they look very legit and it turns out they are not. It can be hard to tell. I obviously made a mistake on a couple recently.

Hi Jim, That is a lot of work. I do understand it is tough to tell. I had put up a question in the field where you can state what is on your mind since I couldn't ask anyone directly, but no one noticed that. I àm happy I got in after all and thankful to my fellow member who helped. :)

regards, page

Edited by page

• 3 months later...