FIFA World Cup 2014

J.A.W.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugly game, this Italy-Uraguay thing. At least Italy is finally actually playing the game now that they're behind. And I was kinda rooting for Italy to make it though, but not with the tactics they showed for the majority of this game.

I'm sure I'll be chastised by the soccer football cognoscenti, but the way Italy "played" this game for the most part is the reason why some folks think soccer football is a joke.

Here's hoping the US-german tilt doesn't mimic this nonsense.

Ugly game, this Italy-Uraguay thing. At least Italy is finally actually playing the game now that they're behind. And I was kinda rooting for Italy to make it though, but not with the tactics they showed for the majority of this game.

I'm sure I'll be chastised by the soccer football cognoscenti, but the way Italy "played" this game for the most part is the reason why some folks think soccer football is a joke.

No, you are right on the money here. Uruguay joined in on the flopping and simulating, but it was Italy (and Chiellini was more guilty than anybody) that started that unfortunate but all too familiar charade. Suarez is despicable, and I think a lifetime ban is deserved and probably overdue, but I don't feel the least bit sorry for Chiellini.

In terms of flopping and simulating elsewhere in this tournament, it hasn't been too noticeable or excessive to my eyes, with one unfortunate exception. Holland's Robben vs Chile. He's such a fine player, and that game was enough in Holland's control that he really disappointed me by resorting to that.

In terms of flopping and simulating elsewhere in this tournament, it hasn't been too noticeable or excessive to my eyes, with one unfortunate exception. Holland's Robben vs Chile. He's such a fine player, and that game was enough in Holland's control that he really disappointed me by resorting to that.

Robben's as big a cheat as he is a talent when it comes to diving. Always has been wherever he's played. It's a real stain on what should be a reputation as one of the game's great talents.

Looks like Suarez needs help along with a very long ban, lifetime wouldn't go amiss

It's easy to forgive a Robben when he's playing diving for your own national team. :w At least the fouling eyesore Van Bommel has retired. :tdown

Luis Suarez: More Than 160 Fans Cash In On Giorgio Chiellini Bite In Novelty Bet (175/1)

But before Van Bommel went he taught de Jong everything he knew..... Edited by mjazzg

I hope they'll put Chiellini in quarantine and inoculate him the rabies vaccine

And the italian team was the lamest I can remember: defeat deserved.

Yes, Italy was really disappointing -- not just that they didn't advance but that they played so flat, to my eye. I know there is tremendous passion for the game in Italy, so this must be a real disappointment (as with Spain and England).

I hope they'll put Chiellini in quarantine and inoculate him the rabies vaccine

And the italian team was the lamest I can remember: defeat deserved.

Yes, Italy was really disappointing -- not just that they didn't advance but that they played so flat, to my eye. I know there is tremendous passion for the game in Italy, so this must be a real disappointment (as with Spain and England).

The point is that only Pirlo, De Rossi and Buffon are really great players, but they are old now, the young ones are just good or decent players. Unfortunately these are the best of today's campionato (italian league). Italy went down Fifa ranking and italian teams missed all the international competitions in the last years. The second place at european cup two years ago was some sort of miracle that masked the poor level of italian leagues.

Biting Breaking News:

Uruguay forward Luis Suarez has been banned for nine matches and banned for four months "from any football activity" after biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

Fifa added in a statement about Luis Suarez's ban: "A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suarez in accordance with art. 21 of the Fifa Disciplinary Code as follows: the player Luis Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2).

"The player Luis Suarez is ordered to pay a fine in the amount of 100,000 Swiss Francs (£65,600)."

Edited by erwbol