J.A.W.

FIFA World Cup 2014

332 posts in this topic

Two teams already in for the Concacaf, will the US make it three ?

Big game tomorrow at noon, Italy-Uruguay death match...

Suarez you fucking biter! That Italian player should have punched him in the teeth.

Ugly game, this Italy-Uraguay thing. At least Italy is finally actually playing the game now that they're behind. And I was kinda rooting for Italy to make it though, but not with the tactics they showed for the majority of this game.

I'm sure I'll be chastised by the soccer football cognoscenti, but the way Italy "played" this game for the most part is the reason why some folks think soccer football is a joke.

Here's hoping the US-german tilt doesn't mimic this nonsense.

That Suarez dude is an animal. Geez ...

Biting and then there are the match fixing scandals (e.g. Ghana). It's almost WWE wrestling.

Bq6e_Xa_ICUAIIHbb.jpg

Edited by erwbol

Both teams behaved in not such a sportsmanlike way . If this was wrestling we'd get a double DQ. .

Biting and then there are the match fixing scandals (e.g. Ghana). It's almost WWE wrestling.

Bq6e_Xa_ICUAIIHbb.jpg

Funny thing is that the ref of the "match" is actually nicknamed Dracula

Biting = forfeit

FIFA has no balls when it comes to making obvious decisions.

Should be banned from the tournament ... and I would have no problem if it was a lifetime ban. Dude's got a problem. Obviously.

Suarez -- meet Mike Tyson --

tyson_ear_bite.jpg

Ugly game, this Italy-Uraguay thing. At least Italy is finally actually playing the game now that they're behind. And I was kinda rooting for Italy to make it though, but not with the tactics they showed for the majority of this game.

I'm sure I'll be chastised by the soccer football cognoscenti, but the way Italy "played" this game for the most part is the reason why some folks think soccer football is a joke.

No, you are right on the money here. Uruguay joined in on the flopping and simulating, but it was Italy (and Chiellini was more guilty than anybody) that started that unfortunate but all too familiar charade. Suarez is despicable, and I think a lifetime ban is deserved and probably overdue, but I don't feel the least bit sorry for Chiellini.

In terms of flopping and simulating elsewhere in this tournament, it hasn't been too noticeable or excessive to my eyes, with one unfortunate exception. Holland's Robben vs Chile. He's such a fine player, and that game was enough in Holland's control that he really disappointed me by resorting to that.

In terms of flopping and simulating elsewhere in this tournament, it hasn't been too noticeable or excessive to my eyes, with one unfortunate exception. Holland's Robben vs Chile. He's such a fine player, and that game was enough in Holland's control that he really disappointed me by resorting to that.

Robben's as big a cheat as he is a talent when it comes to diving. Always has been wherever he's played. It's a real stain on what should be a reputation as one of the game's great talents.

Looks like Suarez needs help along with a very long ban, lifetime wouldn't go amiss

I hope they'll put Chiellini in quarantine and inoculate him the rabies vaccine

And the italian team was the lamest I can remember: defeat deserved.

Edited by porcy62

.Looks like Suarez needs help along with a very long ban, lifetime wouldn't go amiss

A bit of leniency might be ok. I've read on the internets that he may be bi-molar.

Edited by uli

Yes, Italy was really disappointing -- not just that they didn't advance but that they played so flat, to my eye. I know there is tremendous passion for the game in Italy, so this must be a real disappointment (as with Spain and England).

Looking forward to today's matches. I hope our Flemish and German neighbours will do well.

Yes, Italy was really disappointing -- not just that they didn't advance but that they played so flat, to my eye. I know there is tremendous passion for the game in Italy, so this must be a real disappointment (as with Spain and England).

The point is that only Pirlo, De Rossi and Buffon are really great players, but they are old now, the young ones are just good or decent players. Unfortunately these are the best of today's campionato (italian league). Italy went down Fifa ranking and italian teams missed all the international competitions in the last years. The second place at european cup two years ago was some sort of miracle that masked the poor level of italian leagues.

Biting Breaking News:

Uruguay forward Luis Suarez has been banned for nine matches and banned for four months "from any football activity" after biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

Fifa added in a statement about Luis Suarez's ban: "A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suarez in accordance with art. 21 of the Fifa Disciplinary Code as follows: the player Luis Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2).

"The player Luis Suarez is ordered to pay a fine in the amount of 100,000 Swiss Francs (£65,600)."

Edited by erwbol

0 - 0 half-time USA vs. Germany. Quite even so far by the look of it.

After Portugal's exit, Greece remains Southern Europe's pride in this Mundial.

Tough match on Sunday, but who would have thought of Greece in Euro 2004? :rolleyes:

Congrats to USA for qualifying from "The Group of Death"