pinned threads that just don't need to be

David Ayers

I don't intend to re-post my list, so that thread can be deleted as far as I'm concerned.

It's good stuff, just didn't seem to need to be pinned. If you want it pinned, it's OK by me.

One more:

There are a bunch of other threads along this line that are not pinned.

I don't intend to re-post my list, so that thread can be deleted as far as I'm concerned.

It's good stuff, just didn't seem to need to be pinned. If you want it pinned, it's OK by me.

That's not the point. My Blues/R&B list the thread was about was removed for several reasons, so there no longer was a topic; that's why I said it could be deleted.

• 3 weeks later...

With no disrespect to anyone, does this thread need to be pinned?

I agree, this project has come to nothing. Pity, it looked promising.

Why to nothing?

That's a very strange comment (that I didn't see before).

a) I have 54 discographies of out-of-print Mosaic boxed sets and Selects online,

b) they have been online without interruption (I just didn't add any for quite a while),

c) and continue to be available?

For free.

I absolutely agree that the thread does not have to be pinned, but ... ?

P.S.: They now reside on deus62.com but have always been available on the other site linked to (and still are, but are redirected to the new site).

Edited by neveronfriday

With no disrespect to anyone, does this thread need to be pinned?

I agree, this project has come to nothing. Pity, it looked promising.

Why to nothing?

That's a very strange comment (that I didn't see before).

a) I have 54 discographies of out-of-print Mosaic boxed sets and Selects online,

b) they have been online without interruption (I just didn't add any for quite a while),

c) and continue to be available?

For free.

I absolutely agree that the thread does not have to be pinned, but ... ?

P.S.: They now reside on deus62.com but have always been available on the other site linked to (and still are, but are redirected to the new site).

My comment was not so strange, in view of the first post in this thread: (I was still a moderator at the time) and also your posts there. My assumption that the project had died was justified in my view, the more so since you didn't reply to my e-mail.

Edited by J.A.W.

My comment was not so strange, regarding the first post in this thread: (I was still a moderator at the time) and also your posts there. My assumption that the project had died was justified in my view, the more so since you didn't reply to my e-mail.

I guess it was a misunderstanding then.

"Inactive" does not mean "gone".

A simple click could have confirmed that.

I guess the "has come to nothing" phrasing was what bothered me.

There was quite a bit of work that went into those.

Doesn't matter!

They're still around for those interested (I don't keep statistics beyond a few months, but 11200 downloads since September of 2013 ... mostly by those asinine pirates, I would think. Although I used to block just about every rip-off site, I have given up. They multiply like fungus. That's why, at least, I haven't uploaded any cover scans or the like. Let those asshats find those for themselves).

Edited by neveronfriday

My comment was not so strange, regarding the first post in this thread: (I was still a moderator at the time) and also your posts there. My assumption that the project had died was justified in my view, the more so since you didn't reply to my e-mail.

I guess it was a misunderstanding then.

"Inactive" does not mean "gone".

A simple click could have confirmed that.

I guess the "has come to nothing" phrasing was what bothered me.

There was quite a bit of work that went into those.

Doesn't matter!

Whatever.

Edited by J.A.W.

Actually I did check your original site - not the one you now list - and the redirect you mention has only now appeared dated January 2 2014. At that site the discographies had already been removed so it was reasonable to conclude that the project had ended.

Perhaps this thread can now be unpinned in any case?

Actually I did check your original site - not the one you now list - and the redirect you mention has only now appeared dated January 2 2014. At that site the discographies had already been removed so it was reasonable to conclude that the project had ended.

Perhaps this thread can now be unpinned in any case?

a) The discographies were never removed and have been available non-stop (minus 56 minutes in 2012, as my provider's logs tell me).

b) Isn't it unpinned? It should be. Without looking at it right now, the whole thread can probably be deleted.

Note: Yes, the redirect was implemented on January 1st (not 2nd) to not have two sites online. Until that very moment, the discographies resided where they had always been (and still do, but the page will redirect you. It's a Google thing, to keep the "juice").

Edited by neveronfriday