Caro Emerald - The Shocking Miss Emerald

GA Russell

I've been listening on Spotify to the new album by Caro Emerald (who I gather is popular in England) called The Shocking Miss Emerald.

I like it, but I'm not sure how much credit she deserves. I suspect the album would be as good with many other singers.

Anyone have an opinion on her or this album?

http://www.amazon.com/Shocking-Miss-Emerald-Caro/dp/B00BS3EMNY/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1386827600&sr=1-1&keywords=the+shocking+miss+emerald+caro+emerald

I have her first album, the one Cyril mentioned. She is quite popular in our country and in the U.K. I hear she has more plans for the U.S. I wouldn't call her music jazz myself, but she adds some kind of jazzy vibe and it is happy music. Thanks for the links Cyril, I didn't hear all of the new album yet. I did her song "A night like this" with my last combo. People like it a lot.

My daughter (41 now, so too old for this :)) introduced me to her first album and I've got it. It's nice but it doesn't really have anything that continually grabs me. And there's something very decadently adventurous about some of those songs - much like Cole Porter's songs of casual and mercenary sex. All very well done, however.

I think there's something somewhere saying she's half or a quarter British.

MG

My daughter (41 now, so too old for this :)) introduced me to her first album and I've got it. It's nice but it doesn't really have anything that continually grabs me.

I have that a bit too. I do like some songs, but when I listen to an whole album I get a bit impatient, well not sure what word to pick but I find it a bit too much of the same somehow. However, she does interest people for jazz and I like the way she presents herself in her performances. She has some class. I think her concept is very well figured out to have success and it works.

I have her first album, the one Cyril mentioned. She is quite popular in our country and in the U.K. I hear she has more plans for the U.S. I wouldn't call her music jazz myself, but she adds some kind of jazzy vibe and it is happy music. Thanks for the links Cyril, I didn't hear all of the new album yet. I did her song "A night like this" with my last combo. People like it a lot.

She graduated from a Conservatory as a jazz singer....And she performed for the British Royal Family ;)

Her real name is Caroline Esmeralda van der Leeuw.

She graduated from a Conservatory as a jazz singer....And she performed for the British Royal Family ;)

Her real name is Caroline Esmeralda van der Leeuw.

Yes, I know. Good for her! :)

Or for the British Royal Family... :w

You bet! I can see her performing at one of these 'little' parties they throw every now and then in their backyard.