Coltrane Atlantic box

This is amazing music, except for the Don Cherry collaboration which is merely OK.

I haven't heard that in a while, but I recall thinking it was better than it was given credit for. Maybe too much is/was expected of the hook-up, but it's a very good date by any standard (of course IMO).

• 1 year later...

I just ordered this for myself through one of the vendors that sells on Amazon for a really good price. Can't argue with the music. Or what with what I paid. The booklet, too, is nice although there is a mistake in mine. Where I would expect page 68 of the booklet, I have a duplicate page 69. Page 68 lists the first 12 tracks on the final CD, the outtakes CD. Anyone else have this experience?

I just ordered this for myself through one of the vendors that sells on Amazon for a really good price. Can't argue with the music. Or what with what I paid. The booklet, too, is nice although there is a mistake in mine. Where I would expect page 68 of the booklet, I have a duplicate page 69. Page 68 lists the first 12 tracks on the final CD, the outtakes CD. Anyone else have this experience?

Don't have that problem but my cover is on upside down.

Yes, mine has the same issue.

So the Ornette and Trane sets have been reissued? Have the original editions of both, so no need to upgrade. Wanna get the Mingus set down the line, which was issued in 1997 when I was in my senior year of high school. That set is packaged like the reissues of the above mentioned Atlantic sets, right? I love both those sets, when I was in 8th grade the Trane box had come out, my guidance counselor was raving about it. For Christmas that year I got the old 16 disc Trane Prestige box, which I replaced with the three smaller sets.

• 4 weeks later...