Phil Everly has died aged 74

J.A.W.

I must admit that I did not fully appreciate the Everly's artistry until I began to play in cover bands. Just hearing in the flesh how their lines hooked up, regardless of the competency of the attempters was an ongoing revelation. Sometimes, in fact, the people who tried and got it wrong were an even bigger revelation than those who got it right, especially those who were getting ti wrong but thought they were getting it right. It was like, yeah, that's easier, and in theory not wrong, but definitely not right.

Anyway, RIP, and sincere thanks.

I loved the Everly Brothers singing back in the 50's when they began. Back then, I didn't know anything about their background and that they were a continuation of the "brother duets" in country music. As I heard and learned more, I came to appreciate their music much more than I did when I was young.

Thanks, Mr. Everly. You (and Don - I can't separate the sound of the two of you) meant a lot to many, many people.

• 2 weeks later...