Keepin' it greazy!!!

Big Al

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news.  Just talked to the great Leon Spencer Jr.  In about 3 months, he's flying to NYC to record a new CD for an unnamed (to me at least) jazz label based out of New York. :excited:

That's what I like to hear!!!! :D

Mike, I'm going to send you something. A link... not tonight, but soon. Be on the lookout for a PM.

Cool. I'll look for it!

I posted this on the CDBaby thread, but I thought I'd put it here as well. The samples on the CDBaby page of this CD are funktastic!

I was just browsing CDBaby and came across this bad boy:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mbboq

The first track is GREEEEAZY baby!! Might have to put this one in the basket! Check out the samples! I've never heard these cats before, but they are GROOVIN'!

• 2 weeks later...

How's this for a greeeazy review? These are both from someone calling himself "jazzman," reviewing The Sermon and House Party, respectively:

This CD is from the same session that produced "House Party" and it is the first half of the best jazz ever recorded by Blue Note records. It is filthier than a flop house mattress and dirtier than a 50 cent whore. This is the best you will ever hear fron Tina Brooks, Lou Donaldson, and Jimmy Smith. This is incredible jazz. There is nothing out there better than this. 5 big Chalupas. Trust the Jazzman.

This is so filthy, I found it in the gutter. This is simply the best jazz CD I have ever heard, and I am very picky. Lou Donaldson's playing on "Lover Man" is the best saxaphone ever recorded. 5 Chalupas.

How's this for a greeeazy review? These are both from someone calling himself "jazzman," reviewing The Sermon and House Party, respectively:

This CD is from the same session that produced "House Party" and it is the first half of the best jazz ever recorded by Blue Note records. It is filthier than a flop house mattress and dirtier than a 50 cent whore. This is the best you will ever hear fron Tina Brooks, Lou Donaldson, and Jimmy Smith. This is incredible jazz. There is nothing out there better than this. 5 big Chalupas. Trust the Jazzman.

This is so filthy, I found it in the gutter. This is simply the best jazz CD I have ever heard, and I am very picky. Lou Donaldson's playing on "Lover Man" is the best saxaphone ever recorded. 5 Chalupas.

:lol:

downloaded and burned from emusic

hammond smith - black coffee

mel rhyne - organ-izing

shirley scott -soul shoutin'

shirley scott- queen of the organ

hammond heroes

they have 35 legends of the acid jazz d/ls over @ emusic

one day i'll have them all

working on the groove holmes l.o.t.a.j. cd

ss1

Edited by Soulstation1