Keepin' it greazy!!!

Big Al

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mosaic needzz to release a new hammond set!!!!

freddie roach?

I e-mailed Mosaic about this awhile back, and they said a Roach Select was in the works, but that there wasn't enough room to include his albums with Ike Quebec.

Edited by Big Al

are these 7 collectables cds all that were released?

blues for mr jimmy

topkapi

at the organ

one of mine

i got a women

at the apollo

christmas with mcgriff

which one is the one to get first?

these are all "low stock" over on towerrecords

"I Got A Woman" is a must-have.

That's true, first and foremost. Also, dig much of Jimmy's late 60's and 70's stuff. Those LPs with Groove Holmes as well. There's just so much. A GREAT place to start is the Blue Note "Best Of Jimmy McGriff."

Ehhhh.... it's okay. Kind of a disappointing follow-up to the rollicking Keep That Groove Goin' with Red Holloway from the previous year. The players just seem to be going thru the motions on this one.

Edited by Big Al

499081.jpg\

what about this cd?

Personally, this is WAY better than "Keep Your Groove Going." That's a good recording too, but it has Gene Ludwig on organ. Lonnie Smith's on "Coast To Coast" and he just nails the shit out of everything as usual.

"Coast To Coast" is in my top 10 organ records of the last 5 years.

Man, some of that stuff that James Brown did in the 70's is just OOZIN' all sorts of funky greeeeaze! "Make it Funky," "Papa Don't Take No Mess," "The Payback," "My Thang," "Hot Pants," "Get on the Good Foot," "Ants in My Pants," etc etc etc!!!

Then there's all the instro stuff the JB's did!!! Good LAWD sooooo greeeeeeazy!!!

anyone hear of winston walls??

any recs??

The local public library has a CD of his called Boss of the B-3. If only the music lived up to the title (and the self-serving liner notes). Like the Godfather said, he's "talking a lot, and sayin' nothin'"! <_<