FS: The "Bean Box" 21 lp set

Pete B

Hello All

I've decided to sell my box on Queen Disc "Bean and the Boys - Coleman Hawkins live an uncommercial recordings 1940-1965" Quen Disc BEAN 01-21. The set is in excellent conditon, 21 lps with a booklet with complete discographical information and a nice box. I'm asking $165, postage included within the USA. I have been told this was a limited edition of 500 copies worldwide. There's a lot of great material on here, but it's time to let someone else have the pleasure of it.

I am willing to ship to other countries but I'm sure the postage would be quite expensive - this thing is heavy!. I can accept paypal or your check. Send me a pm if you're interested.

Thanks

Pete

this looks incredible. i just searched for it, couldnt bring anything up. so its 21 lps or airchecks and private recordings? queen disc. i swear i think i have a charlie parker lp on queen disc, of various tracks, all live stuff i dont have on any other comp. eg. bird + milt buckner on organ. i wonder its the same thing.

Never seen that box set anywhere around here when we still had well-stocked record shops with staff that cared (even about their jazz sections). Though I remember the "Bean and the Boys" individual LPs which were quite current for a time in the late 80s/early 90s around here. I only picked up a scant few of those LPs (though they were not that expensive), no doubt because a fairly high part of the "non-commercial" recordings issued in those volumes were (very) "later-day Bean" (no doubt a mistake in hindsight but then I was focusing on 40s or very early 50s Hawk all the way).

Cadence sold this along with a Bird box (every one had a damaged cover), Lester Young box, Billie Holiday box. and a Bud Powell box. These were out in the mid 1980's iirc. The Bud box had "only" 11 lps but had deluxe packaging compared to the others I have seen. I still have my Bird box, used to have the Bud box. They came with pretty decent booklets, the Bird box booklet has discographical info and includes previous bootleg issues.

Cadence sold this along with a Bird box (every one had a damaged cover), Lester Young box, Billie Holiday box. and a Bud Powell box. These were out in the mid 1980's iirc. The Bud box had "only" 11 lps but had deluxe packaging compared to the others I have seen. I still have my Bird box, used to have the Bud box. They came with pretty decent booklets, the Bird box booklet has discographical info and includes previous bootleg issues.

Do you have the catalog number or track listing for the Bud Powell box?