Import Cds - the online retailer - what do you guys think of them?

skeith

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't. It charged instantly, even though it was PayPal which always takes 48 hours to appear in my statement.

I think I caught myself up in some shit here.

In my experience PayPal charges immediately.

Yes, they do. Yet another reason why I try never to use them.

Here's a situation that strikes me as fairly typical of Import CD.

I've been receiving 10% off coupons from them via email for the last couple of weeks. I decided to order a fairly pricey box set (typically, they already had a good price on it); the 10% off would therefore be significant. The coupon I had, received Sunday, stated it would be good THROUGH December 8th. I go to checkout, and up pops a notice that the coupon is no longer valid!

"Error, Not Applied: "SAVE10" - SAVE10 is no longer active."

"Through" December 8th should at least take me to midnight EDT. Nope. Tried various things but I wasn't going to get that 10%. I sent them an email; no response of course. So no discount and no order and no box set. This all seems so Import CD, from the good prices, to the ordering snafu, to the lack of help, to giving up in frustration.

Here's a situation that strikes me as fairly typical of Import CD.

I've been receiving 10% off coupons from them via email for the last couple of weeks. I decided to order a fairly pricey box set (typically, they already had a good price on it); the 10% off would therefore be significant. The coupon I had, received Sunday, stated it would be good THROUGH December 8th. I go to checkout, and up pops a notice that the coupon is no longer valid!

"Error, Not Applied: "SAVE10" - SAVE10 is no longer active."

"Through" December 8th should at least take me to midnight EDT. Nope. Tried various things but I wasn't going to get that 10%. I sent them an email; no response of course. So no discount and no order and no box set. This all seems so Import CD, from the good prices, to the ordering snafu, to the lack of help, to giving up in frustration.

I got caught out by this the last time they had a 10% off coupon, but could only blame myself for waiting until the last minute to place an order and not paying close enough attention to the coupon details, as it's clearly stated (albeit in the fine print) that the discount expires at noon on the last day.

This time around I was aware of the noon expiration. I had several CDs in my cart, but the inflated handling charges combined with the shipping made it not such a good deal even with the discount. I wound up getting the same CDs from Bull Moose instead - free economy shipping for orders over $25 and no handling charges meant that it came out to a couple of bucks cheaper than Import CDs, plus Bull Moose's customer service is a hell of a lot better than Import CDs if you have to contact them about an order.

Edited by Dave Garrett

Yep, now I see the 12:00PM deadline in the fine print. That's still at variance with their own statement "Now Through 12/08 2014." The common meaning of which is to the end of that day. Of course, I never heard from them either. In a way I'm rather glad as I'm no longer sure I wanted the item :smirk: .

Next time, if that happens, call them. Somebody answers the phone, believe it or not, and they seem so happy to have somebody to talk to that they actually engage.

You're totally a more charming conversationalist than I am ^_^:) . Besides I couldn't find a number (I know you found one once so I looked about didn't come up with it). I'll keep it in mind though.