Gold Sparkle Band 20th Year Reunion

jeffcrom

The Gold Sparkle Band, which was formed in Atlanta 20 or so years ago, doesn't perform together very often anymore, since they are now split between Atlanta and New York. The core of the band from the beginning has been trumpeter Roger Ruzow, Charles Waters on alto sax, and drummer Andrew Barker, with a succession of bassists. The Gold Sparkle Band is playing two 20th year reunion shows in the southeast next weekend.

On Valentine's Day, Friday, February 14, an expanded version of the band will play a concert at the Barking Legs Theater in Chattanooga. Ruzow, Waters, and Barker will be joined by the great bassist Evan Lipson, me on alto and baritone, and others, I think, but I don't really know who.

The next day, Saturday, February 15, the "classic" quartet lineup, including bassist Chris Riggenbach, will play a set at the 529 in Atlanta, opening for the Tim Daisy/Mikaloj Trzaska duo.

I know that there are at least a couple of Gold Sparkle fans here, and wanted to let folks know, in case you find yourself within driving distance.