Jazz CD bargains

ghost of miles

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mikeweil said:

Just ordered a copy from amazon.de - would have been more expensive with shipping to Germany. Looks very insteresting, thanks for mentioning this.

Let us know what you think of the book when it arrives.  I just don't find myself frequently returning to the photo books I do have.  This one did look interesting, so maybe if you can give it a strong recommendation, I'd consider getting it. I'm kinda surprised I'd not heard about it before.

20 hours ago, Justin V said:

Marty Paich's Jazz City Workshop is only $3.19 with free Prime shipping.  I think that I have only one Paich appearance.  With a strong lineup, it was a pretty easy decision to buy it.  

Mickey Lynne on a vocal...had to do a check to see who the lady was who was on that Milt Trenier record with Von Freeman and Joe Diorio...that was Micki Lynn...close call there for a quick minute!

R-2234107-1572614221-5280.png.jpg

2 minutes ago, mjzee said:

Just received the Hunter/Fortune.  Interestingly, it's the Real Gone Music/Dusty Groove release.

Yeah - mines got the Dusty credit too. Picked up in London (Rays) when it appeared for sale for a millisecond. I like those Dusty/Prestige reissue obscurities - they did the George Braith ‘Musart’ too.

• 2 months later...

This is a bargain for Prime members on Amazon:

A duo cd from Fabio Caramuru (pianist) and Pedro Baldanza (electric bassist), "Bossa in the Shadows." Don't expect traditional bossa nova. . .this a very exploratory session.

s-l400.jpg

And a seller on eBay has a handful of copies of this cd at a very nice price:

maxresdefault.jpg