Sid Caesar: What Is Jazz?

MomsMobley

When Sid Caesar was a big name on TV, I was too young to appreciate what was going on. A lot of his humor was verbal, as opposed to someone like Ernie Kovacs, much of whose humor was visual, and whom I could pick up on back then. Years later, when I saw clips from his old shows, I came to love Sid Caesar's humor.

Thanks, Mr. Caesar.

When Sid Caesar was a big name on TV, I was too young to appreciate what was going on. A lot of his humor was verbal, as opposed to someone like Ernie Kovacs, much of whose humor was visual, and whom I could pick up on back then. Years later, when I saw clips from his old shows, I came to love Sid Caesar's humor.

Thanks, Mr. Caesar.

While slightly off topic, you just described exactly how I came to appreciate the Dick Van Dyke Show. Saw a lot of it as a child. But it wasn't until a couple of decades later when I revisited it that I found out just how truly funny that show was.

Not super familiar with most of Sid Ceaser's work. Pretty sure the first time I even saw him was in Grease. But, there's no question he was a great talent.

Losing him as well as Shirley Temple a couple of days ago is kinda surreal. Two huge legends are now gone.

Edited by Scott Dolan