'80s Punk and New Wave stars today

GA Russell

Feargal Sharkey looks like Chet Baker. Most of them look dreadful. George Michael and Sting haven't done too bad. Kate Bush has been at the biscuits! Robert Smith looks like the same prat I always thought he was... Generally speaking the punk/goth types have aged as well as their music. Phil 'Cleanhead' Oakey, like it!

Old rockstar people should not be photographed (especially if they pose for it) unless they are still currently popular as something besides a nostalgia question. The world is a sad enough place as it is.

Oh, really?!

Anybody else you want to ask our opinion about as to whether or not they're attractive, or to declare that you don't want to look at them?

Remember that pseudo outrage?
BTW, Teri Nunn still looks fantastic.
Edited by Scott Dolan

Old rockstar people should not be photographed (especially if they pose for it) unless they are still currently popular as something besides a nostalgia question. The world is a sad enough place as it is.

Oh, really?!

Anybody else you want to ask our opinion about as to whether or not they're attractive, or to declare that you don't want to look at them?

Remember that pseudo outrage?
BTW, Teri Nunn still looks fantastic.

Old formerly famous people are ugly unless they stay famous.

This is not opinion, it is science, science and research, well-funded research.

You can argue science if you want to, but not when science has all the money.

Get as old as you want or as famous as you want, but if you can't do both the camera will one day be a gun, and you will be in its sights.

Opening Day tickets are on sale now.

camera_gun-prince.jpg

Tina Weymouth looks like a grandmother, that's the real reason The Talking Heads won't tour again!

They missed out Clare Grogan of Altered Images and she still looks very good. So too do the Bananarama girls.

I was a big fan of Sheffied's finest The Human League and Heaven 17 back in the day. If you're ever bored, listen to Heaven 17's Luxury Gap and imagine Frank Sinatra taking on these songs in bar setting!

Apologies for coming off like a jerk. I just don't like clickbait, and I value the above musicians - some of them anyway - as artists rather than being concerned about their looks.

My 30-year old girlfriend was surprised at how "old" and not "cleaned-up" Kim Gordon looks these days. That irked me too - Gordon is a great artist and a hero of the music. Who cares what she looks like?