MLB 2014 Season - Always Take Your Glove To The Ballpark!

JSngry

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As David Kurtz at TPM points out, even the Orioles announcers sounded thrilled when Jeter got his walkoff hit last night:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/derek-jeter-final-home-at-bat

PUKE!

If he played for Seattle or whatever your team is, you'd be rooting for him. :)

Probably, it's like I felt that there could never be enough praise for Tony Gwynn, who was "my guy."

As David Kurtz at TPM points out, even the Orioles announcers sounded thrilled when Jeter got his walkoff hit last night:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/derek-jeter-final-home-at-bat

PUKE!

If he played for Seattle or whatever your team is, you'd be rooting for him. :)

Probably, it's like I felt that there could never be enough praise for Tony Gwynn, who was "my guy."

Tony Gwynn was a great player - unfortunately he played on the wrong coast for the wrong team. (No knock on the Padres, but Gwynn just didn't get the amount of press and TV coverage that he should have.)

Congrats to my Royals for ending the historic 29 year post season drought! The division is still in reach, but not looking likely.

Don't be pessimistic. Oakland has been losing lately and they're afflicted with the three-ex-Cubs curse. OTOH your Royals came from behind to beat my White Sox today. I was there. Beautiful sunny day, too.

So who to root for/against in this Red Sox/Yankee absent-playoffs?

Seems there are plenty of ex-Red Sox to follow but I'd never root for the Cards and Lackey was a douchebag on the way out so forget him. I'll always favor Jon Lester wherever he ends up but it seems to me that KC is the team to support as long as they're in it, since it's been so long since they played important games in September, let alone critical games in October.

I think in the NL I have to go with "anyone but L.A." but God help me if its a Dodger-Cards NLCS. Until then, it's Pittsburgh, as the underdogs getting another chance, and San Fran if Peavey is pitching.

Who you got?

Not feelin' anybody in the AL except Detroit & KC...generally feel the O's but if Nellie wanted a ring, he shoulda caught that ball when he had the chance and laid off that juice. Forgiven, but not forgotten.

Not feelin' anybody in the NL, period, but if Nats or Pirates break through, that would be good feelings, I suppose.

Hey Royals, YEAH!

Hey Oakland, thanks for taking on the how the fuck did all THAT happen load, we were damn tired of it here, and were wondering what took you so long. Enjoy!

Royals, please, just go and get those Angels, they're relly not all that, just maintain focus and aim to make Sciosia pout every chance you get. It'll be fun.

And don't keep me up so damn late this time!

Oakland, phaw, for two years I was all, they ain't that good and we'd play just that much worse than them and, well, ok, then, good enough. And then this year, early on I was, oh fuck it, ok, guess they are that good, and right about then was when they started looking down. See folks, just...don't look down.

Now, what I really want to see is a Tigers/Pirates series, but Royals will do just fine, if it rolls out like that.Just no Angels, please.

HA! Oakland lol at Oakland.