MLB 2014 Season - Always Take Your Glove To The Ballpark!

JSngry

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we had us a series, eh? Baumgardner, just too much, what a performance. The Panda, too, what a bright light he is.

Yet and still, much love here for the Royals. I thought I would have no fun baseball this year, none, but then came the Royals, and they stayed in there, feasible and unlikely winners (the best combination for my baseball and/or life entertainment value) until the very last out, did not go quietly after all, wondering if one more in the tank until proven otherwise. Last out, last inning, last game, and you're not convinced that it'll be over until, well, yes, now it's over.

So, Hey Royals!

Baumgardner, just too much, what a performance.

Not to be a pain in the neck spelling policeman here, but I think the guy has earned the right to have his name spelled correctly. :) It's Bumgarner. Or, just "Mad Bum" to Giants fans.

What a great series. I hadn't posted here previously because I don't like predictions and I get all superstitious about talking, but I've been reading along. Whoever said game 7 was going to be a nail-biter sure had it right. I already knew what we had with Mad Bum, the Panda, Hunter Pence, Bochy, etc (and I sure expected more from Posey!), but the biggest surprise and delight came from watching Joe Panik, who began the year with... Fresno!! That diving grab and glove-flip to Crawford to start a big double play was huge, and WP Jeremy Affeldt suggested that it was the biggest factor (other than Bumgarner's dominating save) in setting up the win, particularly for what it did to relieve pressure on the pitching staff.

I was not just impressed by the Royals players, but also by Ned Yost, and their fans. Great club, and much class.

Absolutely did notice that. Takes a lot of discipline lay off of those, especially when one swing of the bat can change the game. Proof yet again that pitching will damn near always have the advantage unless/until a mistake is made. And Baumgardner wasn't in the mood to make mistakes.

The misspelling of MG's name is intentional. If you will notice, the added letters were "A" & "D", which are Secret Code for Absolutely Dominating. It's a method of sending secret messages that I learned from studying the secret life of Anton Webern. We're sending messages to people who need to know and can't find out by any other means.

People with their decoder rings already know this. If you don't have yours yet, start saving the boxtops, they're still in stock, but supplies are limited!

The misspelling of MG's name is intentional. If you will notice, the added letters were "A" & "D", which are Secret Code for Absolutely Dominating.

:tup :g Sounds like something B-Weez would have tweeted* (I don't tweet, but I used to make a point of reading his... before he became a Dodger, of course).

* Oh, and you're welcome!