Blue Notes For Mongezi on Nessa?

romualdo

I know the original "Blue Notes for Mongezi" was released as a double LP on Ogun Records

A number of discographies list it as being released in the states on the Nessa label (#13 - or was that Lucky Thompson?) - is that correct & if so was it also a 2LP set

I've never seen a copy of this for sale on ebay & other online sellers lists - is this just a perpetuated "myth"

You there Chuck?

I don't know the answer to the question with any certainty, but my strong assumption is that these discographies are incorrect...I'm not aware that Ogun has ever licensed to other labels (it doesn't strike me as the Ogun way of things)...again, I could be wrong, but...

I think Ogun may have licenced a Paul Rutherford Ogun release (Bracknell '83 - cassette only) to Emanem who released the material on CD (Ghiem - Live At Bracknell 1983)

I know the original "Blue Notes for Mongezi" was released as a double LP on Ogun Records

A number of discographies list it as being released in the states on the Nessa label (#13 - or was that Lucky Thompson?) - is that correct & if so was it also a 2LP set

I've never seen a copy of this for sale on ebay & other online sellers lists - is this just a perpetuated "myth"

You there Chuck?

I'm sure Chuck will clear this up, but the Nessa 13 I have is Lucky Thompson: Body and Soul, licensed from Ensayo.

• 2 weeks later...