aloc

paul secor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, it's probably downright stupid of me to admit that I was one of the people who was annoyed from time to time with the sheer volume of aloc's miscellaneous threads. More often than not, they were about random things he found on the web that others here weren't particularly interested in, as evidenced by the fact that rarely did anyone respond to the OP. I don't believe the few comments I made about about this habit of starting three, four or more such threads a day were necessarily "snarky", but some may have been, and for that I apologize. What did turn quite ugly was the backlash against such criticism, which targeted specific members and became quite personal. I'll welcome aloc back if he decides to contribute to the board again. Personally, I'd prefer that he try to create and participate in discussions that engage other members, rather than just "cut and paste" something from the web. Again, that's just my personal opinion, and I'll withhold any negative comments if old habits persist. In the end, I hope there's enough room in our community to allow for different voices to express themselves without the unnecessary vitriol.

• 3 years later...