Med Flory R.I.P.

Larry Kart

Was lucky enough to catch him live some years ago. Came across as quite an enthusiastic guy and fine musician, of course. RIP.

Interesting Sidewinder! More details?

It was at one of those Long Beach Festivals - Med Flory was in pretty well most of the groups that long weekend. I remember him in a recreation of Art Pepper + 11, a 'Birth of the Cool' recreation and also in a front line with Conte Candoli (Lighthouse All Stars?). In fact, thinking about it he was a hugely enthusiastic participant (along with Bill Perkins) that weekend. Glad I got to see it !

I have quite a few photos of that event but only on hard copy unfortunately. Med is on quite a few of them.

Edited by sidewinder

I spent about a week around him when we recorded our Warne Marsh date with the SuperSax rhythm section. On Sunday night, last day of the gig, Med slid into a booth with Lou Levy, Jake Hanna and me. He said "So you're the guy wearing out my best players" and slapped me on the back. A very warm guy.