Universal Music Italia box sets

2 hours ago, Bluesnik said:

Among these there is a very fine Jim Hall live recording from 75 (I think), which I have as one of those mini-LPs Universal or Verve released domestically at the beginnings of the 2000s.

If you love the Jim Hall, know that there are 3 more discs available from the same sessions: https://www.jazzmessengers.com/en/74301/jim-hall/live-vol-2-4-3-cd-dvd

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Ken Dryden said:

I think that ArtistShare offered some bonus download only music with the multi disc Jim Hall set, so if it is still available from them, it might be worth getting it directly from ArtistShare.

Thanks for prompting me to revisit the ArtistShare site.  Last I looked, they were offering only a "deluxe" version for $75 (probably including the downloads you mention).  That's why I posted the jazzmessengers link.  Now I see that ArtistShare is offering a "standard" version for $34.95: https://www.artistshare.com/v4/Projects/OfferDetails/7/431/2562/1/6

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2018 at 4:06 AM, bluesoul said:

Didn't see this one mentioned in this thread:

Duke Ellington - 3 Essential Albums  Back to Back, Live at the Whitney & Soul Call.   

Amazon link

Edit: looks like there are a bunch of new 3 albums sets coming out.  Link

There's a mention to this 3-CD sets at the very end of the first message, but link needed changing. Thanks!

Edited by Fer Urbina

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, felser said:

Blue Note did that one beautifully in 1994, and you can still get it used for under $30.

Not exactly the same. The 1994 has 75 tracks, and masters/transfers were by Malcolm Addey and Ron McMaster.. The 2018 has 63, and by the look of it the sound is whatever the latest edition is (RVG remasters for the first three CDs according to the Universal page).

And I guess there will be a substantial difference in the booklet too <_<

F