Holy Crap - More Unreleased Wes Montgomery

Eric

Not too many I am sure but if you miss out it's supposed to be a two cd release later next year. My thought has always been that if I bought the LP I'd play it once, transfer it to CDR and then offer it here for about 80% of what I paid.  Then I have a sneak peek at the music for a fraction of the money, and someone who really appreciates the Heavy Vinyl - Ltd Edition release can get it for a little less.  Win/Win!

1 hour ago, Hardbopjazz said:

The CD is coming out 1/15/16. I pre ordered that on Amazon.

Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on January 15, 2016.

Thanks for this, Tom. I am not the kind of vinyl fetishist to pay out $25 for the vinyl edition, I'll just nab the CD.  I was figuring the CD might be late 2016 or even delayed, so the LP made a little sense to get the music early.

i may be confused, because for the past couple of years this label has been releasing new wes with cd titles that are similar to each other, and some (only one?) vinyl releases are previews for cd's that are released the following year with a different cd title (read: this is all kind of b.s. on their part), but wasn't this supposed to be a 2 cd set when it was first announced?

Edited by l p

From the Resonance website, in the description of the "One Night In Indy" CD:

Since releasing Echoes of Indiana Ave, Resonance has located additional of unreleased 1950s archival Montgomery recordings and plans to release more music in late 2016/2017.

So maybe it is being parsed out a little differently than originally planned ...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Arrived Saturday from Amazon - as good or better than anticipated. Very nice Higgins too - if anyone had known about this gig at the time I would have asked Eddie about it when I interviewed him.   Sound on my high-end PC speakers was more than acceptable.

Is it too much to hope there are other tapes of shows recorded at this Indy jazz club?  They don't drop any hints in the liners but one can hope ...