Blindfold Test Master List, Volume 4

Hot Ptah

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?/topic/80178-bft-154-reveal/is the BFT Master List, with links, beginning with BFT #121 from April, 2014.

Please send any questions or corrections to me by PM.

To sign up to present a Blindfold Test, please send me a PM.

For more information about the Organissimo Blindfold Test, see the

For links to BFT #1 through 73, see the

For links to BFT #74 through 120, see the

#121 - Dan Gould - April, 2014

#122 - The Magnificent Goldberg - May, 2014

#123 - Tom in RI - June, 2014

#124 - fent99 - July, 2014

#125 - awesome_welles - August, 2014

#126 - Thom Keith - September, 2014

#127 - Homefromtheforest - October, 2014

#128 - Noj - November, 2014

#129 - felser - December, 2014

#130 - alex - January, 2015

#131 - colinmce- February, 2015

#132 - Tom in RI- March, 2015

#133 - Dan Gould - April, 2015

#134 - Hot Ptah - May, 2015

#135 - Hardbopjazz- June, 2015     Discussion   Reveal

#136 - Thom Keith - July, 2015      Discussion    Reveal

#137 - Spontooneous - August, 2015      Discussion   Reveal

#138 - The Magnificent Goldberg - September, 2015    Discussion   Reveal

#139 - Homefromtheforest - October, 2015   Discussion   Reveal

#140 - jeffcrom - November, 2015    Discussion The Freedom Principle    Discussion Moldy Fig Stomp    Discussion Rara Avis    Discussion Straight No Chaser

Reveal The Freedom Principle          Reveal Moldy Fig Stomp    Reveal Rara Avis          Reveal Straight No Chaser

#141 - felser- December, 2015        Discussion   Reveal

#142 - Daniel A - January, 2016   Discussion  Reveal

#143 - NIS - February, 2016         Discussion  Reveal

#144 - Hot Ptah - March, 2016     Discussion   Reveal

#145   Dan Gould--April, 2016      Discussion   Reveal

#146 - homefromtheforest - May, 2016    Discussion  Reveal

#147 - mjzee - June, 2016             Discussion   Reveal

#148 - Thom Keith - July, 2016                                      Discussion     Reveal

#149- Joe - August, 2016                                               Discussion    Reveal

#150 - The Magnificent Goldberg - September, 2016    Discussion     Reveal

#151 - Jsngry - October, 2016                                        Discussion     Reveal

#152 - clifford_thornton - November, 2016                      Discussion    Reveal

#153   felser--December, 2016                                       Discussion    Reveal

#154    January                Jo Keith                                  Discussion     Reveal

#155    February              Dan Gould                              Discussion     Reveal

#156    March                   Hot Ptah                                Discussion     Reveal

#157    April                      Mary6170                             Discussion     Reveal

May                     Hardbopjazz

June                    mjzee

July                     Thom Keith

August                 randyhersom

September           medjuck

October               JSngry

November           The Magnificent Goldberg

December           Felser

Edited by Hot Ptah

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, Hot Ptah said:

All of the links to the Discussions and Reveals have been updated, for the past Blindfold Tests.

Thanks HP.  What did this involve, and how far back did you go?  Just curious what you mean by "all", because the links to at least the first 74 tests still do not appear to be working (at least not via Big Al's "BFT Master List, Vol. 2" link, above).  Not a complaint (they're accessible via a google search), just wondering.

The links were all working until the software upgrade of last year. The software upgrade ruined everything for the BFT links.

Thom Keith fixed them going back a while, last year. I just added the links for the past year or so.

I did not know that the first 74 links were still not working due to the software upgrade. It takes about an hour to add 10 months of links. So adding 74 or more will take a long time. I will now look into it for the earlier months.

On 4/8/2014 at 8:19 AM, Hot Ptah said:

For links to BFT #74 through 120, see the

I also noticed that for 74 through 120, the above link seems to have a problem.  A page opens, but none of the BFT links it contains will appear for me, in fact the page seems to come close to freezing whatever browser I'm running (Chrome or Safari).

So, it would appear that only tests 121 thru 147 are currently available, unless I'm missing something.

Edited by Jim R

4 hours ago, Jim R said:

I also noticed that for 74 through 120, the above link seems to have a problem.  A page opens, but none of the BFT links it contains will appear for me, in fact the page seems to come close to freezing whatever browser I'm running (Chrome or Safari).

So, it would appear that only tests 121 thru 147 are currently available, unless I'm missing something.

All of the links from 1--120 worked perfectly until the software upgrade. With the software upgrade all of the links became inoperable. Thom Keith and I raised this point at the time with Jim Alfredson and he said that the software company  knew why the upgrade had ruined everything but that nothing could be done.

Last summer Thom Keith spent many hours reentering many of them, and I just spent many hours reentering some more. We both have demanding full time jobs and there is only so much volunteer time we can quickly devote to this.

Tests 1-120 are listed in posts started by Big Al and Jeffcrom. Only they can edit them. So they would have to spend the hours editing them.

j may be able to start over and reenter links for all Tests 1-120. That will take about 120 hours or more. I can do that over a period of time. I work full time and cannot spend 120 hours in one full time burst of time. I will do what I can

?  I'm not sure how well we're communicating here.  I am well aware of the software upgrade and the problems it created.  I didn't ask about that.  Also, when I said "I'm not complaining", and that links to any test can be accessed via a google search, I was trying to emphasize that I didn't expect you (or anybody else) to put in hours of work to restore the links.  Your reply makes it appear that I was asking you to do that in your spare time.  I suppose that I was just making you aware of the bigger picture, since you didn't know that tests 1-120 were not accessible via board links, and since you had posted above that "all" of the links had been updated for "the past blindfold tests".

So again, please don't make it appear that I'm asking for any favors here.  I'm most definitely not.  I actually doubt that it's even sensible to spend all of the necessary time to restore the links, since any test can be easily accessed directly via a google search.

7 hours ago, Hot Ptah said:

Tests 1-120 are listed in posts started by Big Al and Jeffcrom. Only they can edit them. So they would have to spend the hours editing them.

And by the way, restoring the links could be done by anybody.  No need to list them in those same posts.

That is true. It is just very time consuming with the current software. Anyone who wanted to devote most of their time for a week or two could do it. If I did not have a demanding full time job and children to care for, I could get it done in the next week.

This situation is a very unfortunate side effect of the software update. Another one is the loss of the ability to search the board. I can't blame Jim. This board is a labor of volunteer love for him. This board is no one's moneymaking job so any amount of time that anyone volunteers to it is something to celebrate. If a volunteer for this board does not do a great job, we cannot criticize them unless we are willing to take over the volunteer work ourselves, in my humble opinion.

Edited by Hot Ptah

5 hours ago, Hot Ptah said:

If a volunteer for this board does not do a great job, we cannot criticize them unless we are willing to take over the volunteer work ourselves, in my humble opinion.

I understand the concept of course, but what prompts you to say a thing like this?

Edited by Jim R