Rather annoying new feature at Dusty Groove

colinmce

Just recently, I've noticed that once a title is purchased its price disappears. I find this to be pretty bothersome, as it's nice to at least get an idea of what they were asking for something even if it was sold. Additionally, let's just say the majority of the main 'Jazz' page is without prices at the moment. I know it takes a little time for them to clear sold items sometimes, but I think it's a little odd. Anyone else peeved by this?

what I don't like about dusty groove is they ship Canadian orders to Sweden,then they are mailed to Canada,it now takes a month to get your order.chicago is only about 700 miles away and my cds travel almost 8000 miles.there must be a better system than this.

what I don't like about dusty groove is they ship Canadian orders to Sweden,then they are mailed to Canada,it now takes a month to get your order.chicago is only about 700 miles away and my cds travel almost 8000 miles.there must be a better system than this.

I don't understand your comment, and I find it extremely hard to believe that this is part of DG's "system" regarding international orders. I assume this actually happened to you. If so, surely it was a mistake due to an error in the mailing address.

It's true - all my DG parcels are postmarked from Sweden. It's very bizarre.

I'm glad they remove the prices once items are sold - it shows it's sold without having to click on it, and I'd prefer not knowing that I missed amazing records at cheap prices. :)

Peter, are you possibly ordering Storyville items that might be orderd by Dusty Groove to ship to you? Just doesn't make sense in almost any other way. . . .

I just called them (yay phone!) and they said that it's because of the shipping option, that International Express would most likely go through Sweden due to the courier/shipping service used, and that DHL & Fed-Ex would route differently. The guy also said that he was not extremely knowledgeable about the particulars, but that he did know that much.

773-342-5800 or 1-888-387-8947 Central (M-Sat)