Kids Trying to Use a Walkmen

I wondered how they would have reacted to gas lights,coal delivered by horse and cart and pneumatic tubes in shops, all of which I can remember.

:)

Same here. I remember a next-door neighbour's house lit by gas and our own had just been converted to that new fangled electric light. 1960s ... but still !

Edited by sidewinder

I wondered how they would have reacted to gas lights,coal delivered by horse and cart and pneumatic tubes in shops, all of which I can remember.

Same here. I remember a next-door neighbour's house lit by gas and our own had just been converted to that new fangled electric light. 1960s ... but still !

Our street was lit by gas lights in the early and mid fifties, the bloke came round with a long pole morning and night.

OMG I sound like the Monty Python Yorkshiremen sketch. :excited:

Our street was lit by gas lights in the early and mid fifties, the bloke came round with a long pole morning and night.

OMG I sound like the Monty Python Yorkshiremen sketch. :excited:

Luxury...our paper bag only had 't candle and our mum and dad used to beat us up wi' it before 't breakfast.. :lol:

Edited by sidewinder

You should see me trying to use my smartphone.

As said on Goggle Box, I'm not smart enough for a smartphone. (or any kind of mobile phone).

MG

Oh, I have one and find it very useful. But I'm like the chap playing chopsticks where all the young people I know are like Alfred Brendel.

I am not sure why this is so surprising. The Walkman was introduced in the early 1980s and by some time in the 1990s, it was not the portable music player of choice. So it is nearly 35 year old technology.

When I was 10, if I had been given items from the early 1930s, I would probably have been similarly clueless about them.

I am not sure why this is so surprising. The Walkman was introduced in the early 1980s and by some time in the 1990s, it was not the portable music player of choice. So it is nearly 35 year old technology.

When I was 10, if I had been given items from the early 1930s, I would probably have been similarly clueless about them.

Quite:

image002.jpg