Fav Lee Morgan Leader BN Stuff

Soulstation1

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for the first one. I think the digital remix is much cleaner. It doesn't have that phasing sound of the other selection and the bass is more prominent.

I won't even mention the squeeking drum kit! :wacko:

Edited by BFrank

Soooo, Congressman Miller has joined the board has he? Welcome. Hey, how about we catch a drink in the grill room over at the Capitol Hill Club on Wed. How long do you figure it'll take you to walk there from your office in the Cannon Bldg.? Hmmmmm???? I'll bring along a copy of Lee Morgan's 'best' cd -- Candy. ;)

BTW, if the present gig doesn't work out, perhaps being a polltaker for some less than democratic regimes might have possibilities :D .

Brad - Are you referring to Florida? :lol:

"The Gigolo" was my first exposure to Lee, so I have a sentimental attachment to this album. It's hard for me to put any others up top. If I did, though, I might have to move "Search For The New Land" to #1.

Lee was incredible. What a loss. My favorites are The Cooker, for his early work, but I really enjoy his latter work, Sixth Sense, Last Session. In fact, it is so hard to pick out just a few. I find Lee's directions toward the end of his career to be utterly fascinating. His music incorporated the "New Thing" but still swung like h**l. If he had lived I think his direction may have been where many of the players would have ended up.

When I first started purchasing jazz records I was told that I couldn't get a bad Lee Morgan. I think that has proved to be the case. Some are clearly better than others but I have not found one that I did not enjoy, usually on many different levels.

And oh yea....The Gigolo is not too bad either! :g:g

i'm gonna let my scientific poll go another week and then announce the "winner".

charisma is a very good cd.

anyone know which was lee morgan's fav?

i do not like the sidewinder, maybe it's cuz there are always many copies @ ebay...

it's kinda like my andrew hill phobia

there should be a ebay law, no more sidewinder cds and bob marley mosaic posters. PLEAZE the world has enough of that shiznet already.

ss1